Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This article is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
100 (Requires 98)
Enter the Vault of the Betrayer, kill Crusher and Sledge, and take their fel power.
Gul'dan has found his way through our defenses and is trying to steal the Betrayer's corpse.
Even in death, Illidan's body can be used by the Burning Legion. Gul'dan CANNOT succeed.
Excellent. You have absorbed the powers of these brutes. Look how strong you have grown!
- 47,100 XP
- Gul'dan and Cordana Felsong approach the entombed body of Illidan Stormrage.
- Gul'dan says: Illidan Stormrage. At last, I meet the great Betrayer.
- Cordana Felsong says: So HE is the key to Azeroth's downfall.
- Gul'dan says: Soon. The body is cold, but his soul is not done fighting. We have work to do before he is ready.
- Cordana Felsong says: Hurry, then. The Wardens are coming, with the Illidari in tow.
- Gul'dan says: They ARE desperate.
- Gul'dan says: Illidan... now, you belong to the Legion.
- Gul'dan casts a powerful spell, teleporting the body away from the room. He then conjures three gateways, but before he can depart with Cordana...
- Maiev Shadowsong says: Cordana! You will answer to the High Council for this!
- Cordana Felsong says: Judge me all you like, sister, but you cannot stop us.
- Gul'dan says: You are too late, Warden. This vault will be your tomb.
- Two large mo'arg demons enter through the gateways.
- Maiev Shadowsong says: Demon hunters, you have to survive. Find the one called Archmage Khadgar. You can trust him. Illidan is still my charge!
- During the fight
- Altruis the Sufferer says: Just like old times, eh Kayn?
- Kayn Sunfury says: Do not speak to me of old times, Altruis. You betrayed Illidan. You betrayed us all!
- Altruis the Sufferer says: After ten-thousand years of imprisonment, Illidan succumbed to the fel energy within. When he was freed, he was not in his right mind. You followed Illidan blindly, like a dog. Even when he lost his way.
- Kayn Sunfury says: He was fighting it, as we all do. He needed us to have faith in him, Altruis. he made the hard choices. He sacrificed EVERYTHING. What did you give?
- Altruis the Sufferer says: I fought as hard as the rest of you! But I did not murder thousands of innocents.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.