Tips and tactics
- Stormstrike is not considered a spell, meaning you can still use it even while silenced.
- Because Stormstrike deal damage based on the damage range of the equipped weapons regardless of their speed, an enhancement shaman should have always have the slowest possible weapons equipped.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Stormstrike cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (was 16 seconds).
- Hotfix (2017-02-21): "Stormstrike deals 20% less damage in PvP (was 15% less damage)."
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): Damage has been increased by 4%.
- Hotfix (2015-07-20): "Stormstrike damage has been increased by 30%."
- Hotfix (2015-06-25): "Stormstrike now deals 20% more damage."
- Hotfix (2015-01-12): "Stormstrike's damage has been increased by 11.1%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now has a cooldown of 7.5 seconds (down from 8 seconds).
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Debuff now also affects , but now deals 380% weapon damage (down from 450% weapon damage).
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now deals 450% weapon damage, up from 375%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Debuff changed from increasing Nature damage taken to increase chance to be critically hit with chosen abilities. Debuff duration increased from 12 to 15 seconds. Removed charges limit. Now deals 125% weapon damage. No longer regenerates mana through Improved Stormstrike.
- Hotfix (2009-04-17): " should no longer cause a target affected by Stormstrike to take additional damage."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Charges have been increased by 2, and cooldown reduced by 2 sec.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Stormstrike] has a new icon.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): With the advent of Dual Wielding, Stormstrike was changed to instantly attack with all equipped weapons.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): Prior to patch 1.11, Stormstrike cost 30% of base mana and only reset the swing timer, so that it was only useful as an opener or just after a regular swing. It now acts as described, causing an instant, extra attack.