Strategic Deployment (Horde)
120 (Requires 120)
Deliver Saurfang's deployment orders.
For years, I guarded the gates of Orgrimmar. The city's greatest weakness has always been its multiple entrances. We should strike at all of them to seize victory.
Wrynn and I have drawn up orders for deployment. The mages will cover our flank. Greymane will close in from the west, and the elves will take the north. We will send Mayla to reinforce Thunder Bluff's defenses in case Sylvanas launches a counterattack.
Bring the orders to our commanders.
You will receive:
- 23 40
- 17,850 XP
If we do not win here, then we lose everything.
No matter what our strategy, taking Orgrimmar will be no easy task. I should know.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Genn, we need you and your best soldiers to flank the city from the western gate.
- Genn Greymane says: And leave you here, unguarded? With them?
- Varok Saurfang says: If I wanted to harm him, I'd have done it in the Stockades.
- Anduin Wrynn says: No one knows Orgrimmar's defenses better than Saurfang. We need to trust each other if we are to succeed.
- Genn Greymane says: Very well. But the Banshee is clever. Dividing our forces might play right into her hands.
Thalyssra is to the east of Saurfang's location, standing with Jaina Proudmoore and a group of Nightborne and 7th Legion battlemages.
- Never did I expect to fight in another rebellion... least of all against the warchief.
Saurfang has tasked you and the Lord Admiral with shielding our army against magical assault.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: A wise decision. We can do so more effectively from higher ground.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Lord Admiral, might I ask about the spellcraft you employed at Lordaeron? The levitating warship?
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Would you believe me if I told you it was a Kul Tiran trade secret?
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Summoning the ship, perhaps... but as for the enchanted cannons...
Lor'themar is at the center of the army line, next to Shandris Feathermoon.
- Make no mistake, <name>. No matter the outcome, this battle will be a bloody one.
Saurfang and King Wrynn have assigned your forces to the northern gate.
- Lor'themar Theron says: So we are to strike from the north. A sound plan... but there is no telling what treachery Sylvanas has in store for us.
- Shandris Feathermoon says: She fought beside you for many years, both in life and in undeath. You must know her well.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Perhaps I did, long ago. But now...
- Lor'themar Theron says: Hmm... Our forces are few in number. We must make use of the surrounding terrain when we assault the gate.
- Shandris Feathermoon says: The sentinels have made use of that terrain for millennia. Our knowledge of the land was old when the Farstriders were young.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Yes, of course.
Mayla is at the rear, flanked by Highmountain Skyriders.
High Chieftain, you have been tasked with defending the skies above Thunder Bluff.
- Mayla Highmountain says: There is little my eagle riders can do while Sylvanas controls the skies. But we can still defend Thunder Bluff.
- Mayla Highmountain says: Ji is already there, tending to Baine's wounds. He said he has seen Orgrimmar under siege once before, and does not wish to relive it.
- Mayla Highmountain says: We will stand beside our tauren kin and await further orders from Saurfang. Earth Mother watch over us all.
Return to Saurfang.
- Patch 8.2.5 (2019-09-24): Added.