Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Full-grown Subject Nine in Azshara
|Level||1 / 15|
|Health||80 / 384|
|Location||The Secret Lab, Azshara|
Subject Nine is a sentient raptor attempting to engineer an escape from the Secret Lab in Azshara. Imported from the Barrens, she could be found as a hatchling at the KTC Headquarters in Kezan, where she was made intelligent by Hobart Grapplehammer. She was bred with Subject Four in order to create a unique race of cognitively superior raptors. She now plans to leave Azeroth with her children and colonize a new world.
Subject Nine's dialogue changes everytime she is interacted with, but always starts with:
- <To your astonishment, the Raptor hatching is able to communicate with you.>
Followed by one of the following:
- Greetings. I recently emerged from an egg. You?
- I hunger... therefore, I am.
- Is it true that you cook your meat?
- They call you <name>. Is that your unique signifier, or is it an honorary title?
- The ends of your fingers are dull and round. Is this why you carry around other implements for use in combat?
- How interesting.
- What does "<class>" mean? Are you the goblin <patriarch/matriarch>?
- You lack a helmet. Does this diminish your intellectual capabilities?
Greetings, <race>. Please do not alarm yourself. I am indeed speaking to you in your native tongue.
My own considerable raptor intelligence has been augmented through a series of experiments. You may refer to me as "Subject Nine," an identity recently bestowed to me by my creators, who are otherwise at the moment occupied or deceased. Perhaps you can render me some assistance?
Subject Nine (spelled "Subject 9") appears as a legendary card in The Boomsday Project expansion for Hearthstone. In the lore of the expansion, Nine ended up in Boom Labs after departing Azshara and received a number of robotic body enhancements. While she received some help from Dr. Boom and the other scientists at the lab, she was ultimately the genius behind her own "evolution". 9's flavor text reads: "The original clever girl."
- Her story arc appears to be a reference to Plan 9 From Outer Space.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.