Sudden Doom is a passive level 64 Unholy death knight ability.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Sudden Doom now procs 20% slower.
- Hotfix (2016-08-08): "Sudden Doom's chance to activate is now increased by melee attack speed (was Haste)."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer reduces the cost of Death Coil.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now requires the Death Knight to be in to activate the effect that causes Death Coil (death knight ability) to cost no Runic Power.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now also reduces the cost of Death Coil by 20%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Sudden Doom is now triggered only from main-hand auto attacks, and is normalized according to weapon speed rather than having a fixed percentage chance.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed from tier 8 in Blood to tier 6 in Unholy, and no longer triggered by or .
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now procs a free Death Coil instead of requiring you to push the button. Ranks reduced from 5 to 3.