- Prior to Patch 8.0.1, Summon Darkglare was a Level 100 Demonology talent. Originally, the Darkglare shot eye lasers at all targets affected by . It was instead repurposed into being a major cooldown for Affliction during the Battle for Azeroth beta.
- Summon Darkglare went through several drastic changes during Legion's development. Originally, the spell summoned an inquisitor, which was later changed to a dreadlord. However, when the build containing the dreadlord version of the spell had gone live on the test realms, the spell had already been changed internally to summon a "beholder" — apparently a demon type of which Durumu the Forgotten was a member. However, this was contradictory of Durumu's previous backstory, and the spell later changed yet again to its final iteration, "Summon Darkglare", with the Durumu-like beholder minion being changed to a new demonic species with little resemblance to Durumu's model.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Redesigned as an Affliction Warlock ability. Previously was a Level 100 talent for Demonology.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Darkglare (Talent) damage increased by 10%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.