Summon Doomguard is a level 58 warlock spell that summons a Doomguard minion to be the player's temporary guardian. The Doomguard is summoned in addition to the warlock's current minion, but despawns after 25 seconds. It becomes a permanent pet with the talent.
- The most powerful spell ever rumored to exist. Legends say that the caster would have the ability to summon forth a daemon by allowing his body to be sacrificed to enable its existence in this plane. The daemon would then be guided by the spirit of the caster to do his bidding, but should the daemon be destroyed, the warlock's life would be forfeit. The truth to this tale is questionable, but the incantations and rituals used to summon the creature may lay in some lost runic writings. The dream of every follower of the underworld is to rediscover these incantations and be able to command the power of the Daemon.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Doomguard (Demonology)'s Doom Bolt damage increased by 18%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now costs 1 Soul Shard instead of mana. Duration reduced from 1 minute to 25 seconds, cooldown reduced from 10 minutes to 3 minutes.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Model updated.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now has a 40 yd range and attacks the target when cast, not depending on or . Duration increased from 45 sec to 1 min. New icon.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12):