Sun Rock Retreat
Central Stonetalon Mountains
|Sources: World of Warcraft|
Sun Rock Retreat is a Horde settlement centrally-located in the Stonetalon Mountains, hidden amid the peaks south of Mirkfallon Lake. It was once the area's primary hub of activity and trade, hosting a contingent of predominantly orcish and tauren forces devoted to repairing the damage done to the mountains by the Venture Co. and other malignant forces. In the wake of the Cataclysm and the establishment of other Horde settlements at Krom'gar Fortress and Cliffwalker Post, however, the village has become little more than a geographical footnote, offering few services and even fewer reasons to visit.
The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
In the RPG
The retreat is a tauren-controlled outpost run by a druid named Maggran Earthbinder. A mean-spirited blood elf named Braelyn Firehand also once resided here, she enticed travelers to carry out acts of violence against the night elves. She harbors a special hatred for the night elf Ordanus in Ashenvale, and actively speaks of hiring a stranger to carry out Ordanus's assassination. The other inhabitants of the retreat were concerned with discovering why elementals sprang from beneath the earth in Charred Vale.
- Thunder Bluff
- Hellscream's Watch, Ashenvale
- Zoram'gar Outpost, Ashenvale
- The Sludgewerks, Stonetalon Mountains
- Cliffwalker Post, Stonetalon Mountains
- Krom'gar Fortress, Stonetalon Mountains
- Malaka'jin, Stonetalon Mountains
- The Crossroads, Northern Barrens
- Shadowprey Village, Desolace
- Furien's Post, Desolace
- Karnum's Glade, Desolace
Removed NPCsThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Once a major Horde questing hub for the Stonetalon Mountains, Sun Rock Retreat is no longer even visited by players for any purpose other than exploring the zone.
- In World of Warcraft: Game Manual the place's name is also written as Sunrock Retreat.