(Redirected from Superior)
- For rare monsters, see rare mob. For the Superior achievement, see .
- The names of Rare quality items will appear in blue.
- Rare quality items are sometimes referred to as "Blues."
- Equippable items of Rare quality almost always have one or more attribute bonuses, and some have procs.
- Depending on the class and spec the item is aimed at, Rare gear will have 2 or 3 primary stat bonuses (3 usually including Spirit for healer specs), with 1 or two secondary stat bonuses (one usually if the gear has Spirit on it).
- Most equippable items at Rare quality and above can be disenchanted by characters with the Enchanting profession.
- Some ingredient items are of Rare quality, including all Shards used in the Enchanting profession, such as .
- The web color code for rare itemlinks is #0080ff.
- Almost all boss drops from non-heroic and non-raid instances are of rare quality.
- Outland, Northrend and new Cataclysm quests that require defeating an elite monster, or result from a long (and occasionally lore-intensive) Quest Chain will often reward a Rare.