Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Survey Alcaz Island
37 (Requires 34)
It looks like Renn's hunch about Alcaz Island was right. We need to survey that island, but it would take a whole brigade of troops to fight our way in there.
Theramore's defenses can't weather such a hit, so I've arranged with Cassa Crimsonwing, the apprentice to Theramore's gryphon master, to allow you to use one of her beasts to survey Alcaz from the air.
Alcaz Island holds the key to the mystery of the Defias' involvement in this kidnapping.
Have you completed your aerial survey of Alcaz Island?
<Lady Jaina listens intently as you report the results of your aerial survey.>
<Lady Jaina composes herself and prepares to explain.>
You will also receive: 80 and 4,600 XP
- Players mount a gryphon, and fly north over and around Alcaz Island. Upon it are several buildings, and above it is at least one of the black dragonflight, a Firemane Drake.
- As of Legion, the rune circle and dragons that Jaina mentions are not actually present on the island.
- Before Patch 3.0.2, this quest was followed up with . The follow-up quest has since been removed, and instead Jaina narrates the story of King Varian's abduction after the quest is completed.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Perhaps I should explain...
Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I had arranged for a secret summit between Warchief Thrall and King Wrynn, here in Theramore.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: The king was to travel here by ship, in secret. But the ship never arrived, and King Wrynn disappeared.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Your help enabled us to connect the Defias to the mastermind behind the abduction, Onyxia, who was posing as a member of the royal court.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Meanwhile, the king managed to escape his captors, and returned to Stormwind to deal with Onyxia.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I will send word that you have discovered the link to the Defias. I was a fool to think them broken with the defeat of Edwin Van Cleef, and King Wrynn will want to make an example of all who remain.
Alcaz Island holds the key to the Defias' plans for their prisoner and perhaps the prisoner's identity itself.
- <Lady Jaina listens intently as you report the results of your aerial survey.>
- A rune circle, dragonkin? The Defias certainly have hedge mages among their ranks, but no one powerful enough to make use of such a thing!
- And why would the black dragonkin be interested in an island full of naga? There are many unanswered questions, but I one thing is for certain: the Defias have a powerful ally in upper echelons of the Alliance.
This is part of the Missing Diplomat continuation:
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Updated.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Updated.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Added.