Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Swift Flight Form
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.|
|Swift Flight Form|
Patch 3.0.3 added this ability to the list one can learn from druid trainers at level 71 without having completed the quest. The quest chain still requires level 70. The form itself costs 19 gold (plus the artisan riding skill fee).
Swift Flight Form used to be rewarded by a quest chain, removed in patch 4.0.1. It required Artisan Riding to begin and started with the quest Morthis Whisperwing from Loganaar, the druid trainer in Moonglade. A reputation of Honored with the Lower City faction was required to enter (heroic) Sethekk Halls, a prerequisete for completing one of the last quests in the chain.
After you have defeated Anzu, you can talk to Morthis Whisperwing again to acquire an , which will be placed in your key ring (not your bags) forever. This will allow you to summon Anzu in (heroic) Sethekk Halls any time you like (for an extra badge or a chance to loot the raven mount).
A complete walkthrough is also available.
- Prior to Patch 4.0.6, the Guild Perk did not affect druids in this form.
- Also prior to Patch 4.0.6, worgen and troll druids used the night elf and tauren models, respectively, of this form. In Patch 4.0.6, worgen druids received a more feral-looking crow with the emblem of Gilneas on its back, and troll druids received an elaborate bat form.
- With patch 3.2, the level requirement for learning this skill from the trainer has been lowered to level 71. Also, Flight Form and Swift Flight Form now benefit from a paladin's Crusader Aura. Druids who have acquired a mount able to go 310% flight speed will now also go that speed while in this form. This patch also added the achievement for completing the quest chain.
- Since Patch 3.0.3 you can buy the artisan riding skill from any of the artisan riding skill trainers. This is required for the druid trainer in Moonglade to offer you the swift flight form spell for 19 gold.
- When leaving flight form while moving horizontally you keep the speed in that direction (in addition to falling down of course). When dismounting from an epic flight mount one is slowed down. Care should be taken when doing a very fast caster -> epic flight -> caster shift as you pick up the speed instantly and can toss yourself into trouble easily.
- If dismounted during the Netherwing revered races, a druid quick on the draw can reshift and get back into the race without losing, something normal mount users cannot do.
- Even though the Swift Flight Form is unable to run along the ground, if you fly very close to the ground you will enter ground effect. Your speed will be reduced from 280% to 100% just like the flying mounts. When flying in ground effect you are considered to be on a ground mount, however you can loot, skin or collect herbs or do nearly anything that your character could do with his bare hands, all this without coming out of swift flight form. You can't mine because that involves use of a mining pick which your bird can't use.
- This replaces your like Dire Bear replaces Bear; if you are in flight form when you hand in the final quest, it is removed from you.
- As with , typing /mountspecial will cause Swift Flight Form to do a backflip. This can only be used when stationary.
- As of patch 3.0.3, certain items intended to be usable from a flying mount do not work in flight form, unexpectedly causing you to shift out of form and plummet towards the ground. If you are fast enough and high enough, you can recover by switching back to flight form. This has been reported as a bug, and will hopefully be fixed in later patches.
Tips and tactics
See Tips and tactics section of .
Tauren druid in TCG
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Merged into .
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Worgen and troll druids now have new art for Swift Flight Form.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): This quest chain has been completely removed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The level requirement for this skill has been increased to level 71. Flight Form and Swift Flight Form now benefit from a paladin's Crusader Aura. Druids who have acquired a mount able to go 310% flight speed will now also go that speed while in this form.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Now available from the trainer at level 71 for 19 gold, requiring 300 riding skill from an artisan riding trainer, and learned.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.
- , artisan riding skill.