Tips and tactics
- Swiftmend is the only ability available to a druid to deliver a quick heal on an ally, which makes it very useful. It can be used either to maintain a tank's HP when they are taking damage faster than your HoT can sustain them, or as last minute save when an ally takes sudden or unexpected damage.
- As it is instant, Swiftmend can be cast while moving. This is great for both escaping from monsters and in PvP, such as for flag running in Warsong Gulch.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Healing increased to 770% of Spell Power (was 700%).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer requires or to be active on the target and heals for 100% more, but has a 100% increased cooldown.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Swiftmend no longer causes Efflorescence.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Area-of-effect healing effect is now called Efflorescence.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Area-of-effect component now heals injured allies within 10 yards, up from 8 yards.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer consumes Rejuvenation or Regrowth. Now also heals the three most injured allies within 8 yards of the initial target every 1 sec for 7 sec.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed from selectable talent to a specialization perk. Heals for a fixed amount rather than based on the HoT it consumes
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22):
- This ability will now be correctly penalized for casting low rank Rejuvenations and Regrowths just as other healing spells are penalized.
- The button for this ability will now be greyed out when your current target does not have Rejuvenation or Regrowth.
- Fixed a data error that caused Swiftmend to generate more threat than intended.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): This new talent has been added to the Druid Restoration tree, replacing Innervate as the 31 point ultimate talent. It consumes a Rejuvenation or Regrowth aura to produce an instant heal.