Sword Specialization (warrior talent)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
Attacking with a sword
Sword Specialization gives the Warrior a chance to deliver a second blow to the same target, while wielding a one or two-handed sword.
It is a common misconception that Sword Specialization can only proc off of normal (white) swings. This is not the case and is likely confusion over . Windfury only procs off of normal (white) swings. Sword Specialization procs from all damaging attacks, including special attacks.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Now has a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to proc an extra attack, up from 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Can no longer trigger more than once per 6 seconds.
- This removes the possibility of Sword Specialization procing off itself.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This ability now grants extra yellow attacks instead of extra white attacks. It also grants rage based on the speed of your weapon. This change will make Sword Specialization no longer reset the weapon swing timer when it triggers off special attacks, and results in a net increase in damage dealt.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Added a visual to Sword Specialization "proc" that will now show up in the combat log as well.