Sword of Sargeras
The Sword of Sargeras (or the dark blade of Sargeras) is a weapon "crafted from hatred made manifest" that the titan Sargeras used to impale Azeroth, gravely injuring its world-soul. It struck in Silithus, decimating the life and settlements in the region, which is now referred to as the Wound. This event caused the titan spirit at the core of the planet to start bleeding Azerite all over the world. The sword is surrounded in an unsettling aura of red light. The Explorers' League doesn't know how deep the sword goes and what Sargeras might have disturbed or awoken.
The dark energies of the sword were seeping into Azeroth's heart, until order champions drained the sword with their artifact weapons serving as vessels for its vast power. The red glow subsided, and the sword went dormant.
- Unlike its previous depictions, the sword is whole instead of being broken, and the hilt of the sword hosts an orb of energy instead of an eye.
- During the War of the Ancients, Sargeras impaled Broxigar with a jagged, broken blade.
- While the sword is never named in canon, in the non-canonical RPG Sargeras wielded a sword named Gorribal, though the two swords look widely different and have different origin stories.
- One image in the RPG similarly depicts Sargeras plunging the non-canonical Gorribal into what seems a planet.
Sargeras wielding a sword before his corruption, in Chronicle Volume 1
Sargeras wielding a sword before his corruption in the Warcraft Saga
In the patch 7.3.0 key art
In the Antorus ending cinematic
Champions drawing the corruption away from a gunship
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 21
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 1
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 14
- ^ File:Patch 7.3 Artwork.jpg
- ^ The Sundering, pg. 307, 323: "Then, the titan raised one arm and in it Brox beheld a long, wicked sword the upper half of whose blade had been broken off. What remained was jagged and still very capable of slaying."