The sylvar (also spelled Sylvari), also known as fauns are a satyr-like race of the Night Fae Covenant in Ardenweald.
- Sylvar use the female draenei skeleton.
- Early Warcraft III and Warcraft RPG lore describe dryads as having the lower body of "woodland fauns". In Cataclysm, Shael'dryn uses "faun" as a term for young dryads. Based on the context, these uses of "faun" may simply be a misspelling of fawn, a juvenile deer.
- In Roman mythology, fauns are the equivalent of the Greek satyrs, i.e bipeds with goat-like legs and horns on their heads.
- ^ BlizzCon 2019: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands art gallery. Blizzard Watch. Retrieved on 2019-11-06.
- ^ Warcraft III Game Manual, pg. 58 — The playful, frolicking creatures vaguely resemble centaurs (their cursed cousins), but have bodies more akin to woodland fauns.
- ^ Manual of Monsters, pg. 22 — The creature has the head, arms, and torso of a night elf, but the lower body of a woodland faun.
- ^ Alliance Player's Guide, pg. 27 — They resemble gray fauns with the upper torsos of night elf women.
Alliance Player's Guide, pg. 206 — This creature has the lower body of a gray faun, but the upper body of a beautiful night elf woman.
- ^ Shadows & Light, pg. 149 — ...the creature before you, with the torso of an elf and the body of a faun, is clearly a dryad.
- ^  Playing Possum