|This article is a Battle for Azeroth stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Affiliation(s)||Proudmoore Admiralty, Proudmoore Guard, House Proudmoore|
|Occupation||Squire of Cyrus Crestfall|
Taelia Fordragon, nicknamed Tae, is the daughter of Bolvar Fordragon and the ward of House Proudmoore. A member of the Proudmoore Admiralty's guard, Taelia is the squire of Cyrus Crestfall, a former knight who was entrusted by Daelin Proudmoore himself with taking care of Bolvar's child.
Taelia comes from Lordaeron, and is the daughter of the former Regent Lord of Stormwind, Bolvar Fordragon. When the Scourge hit Lordaeron, Taelia lost her mother, and her father sent her to Kul Tiras to be raised away from the war. There, Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore tasked one of his most trusted knights, Cyrus Crestfall, with raising the girl. Even though they were apart, Bolvar still wrote letters to Taelia, until one day they stopped coming. Taelia didn't know much about her father's fate, just that he was a Stormwind knight who gave his life fighting the Lich King.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth.
When Jaina Proudmoore returned to Kul Tiras years after Daelin's death, Taelia was in the crowd that witnessed her being taken by the guards to face judgment from Katherine Proudmoore for betraying her father.
Some time later, Taelia and her friend Flynn Fairwind helped the Alliance emissary, who had come to Kul Tiras on a diplomatic mission with Jaina Proudmoore, to successfully escape from the prison island of Tol Dagor. Taelia waited for Flynn and the emissary outside the prison and helped them reach the city of Boralus.
- Everything changed here when Daelin Proudmoore was defeated.
- Jaina must have had her reasons... right?
- Cyrus has raised me since I was a child. He taught me how to fight, how to ride, how to sail.
- By the time I entered the guard I was already better trained than some of my instructors.
- They didn't appreciate that.
- That sounds incredible! I'd love to see it some day.
- There's an old saying here in Kul Tiras.
- When something goes wrong, old sailors will shrug it off and proclaim: "You cannot change the winds."
- I hate that saying.
- I grew up hearing tales of the great kingdom of Lordaeron.
- And tales of its fall.
- The Scourge took my mother, my father, and my homeland before I was even old enough to understand.
Notes & trivia
- Taelia enjoys visiting the Snug Harbor Inn and pestering travelers to tell her their stories, especially ones from the Eastern Kingdoms.
- Bolvar's nickname for Taelia was "my shining star".
- In early alpha, the quest stated that Taelia's mother was from Lordaeron. Now it simply says that she lost her mother when the Scourge hit Lordaeron, without saying where her mother was from.
- Taelia's mother could be Calia Menethil, who had an unnamed daughter and husband which she was separated from after the fall of Capital City to the Scourge. She reunited with them in Southshore, before their family was divided again during an undead attack. Calia believes that her family may have died during the attack, since she didn't see them again. Her husband and child, if they are still alive, might think the same for her. Taelia said that her mother died in "Lordaeron" however, which would have to refer to the region and not the city.
- However, Calia said that she married a Lordaeron footman. Bolvar, as Taelia states, was a knight of Stormwind.
- Furthermore, it would be strange for Calia not to hear about Bolvar, the then-Regent Lord of Stormwind, when she was in Stormwind City. Unless she was hiding her husband's identity for some reason, this would make this speculation improbable.
- Another possibility could be Lady Mara Fordragon, who fled to Lordaeron and has been presumed dead since, which would match Taelia's account of losing her mother when the Scourge hit Lordaeron.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.