- Not to be confused with Talia.
|Affiliation(s)||Proudmoore Admiralty, Proudmoore Guard, House Proudmoore|
Squire of Cyrus Crestfall|
Proudmoore Guard Cadet
Taelia Fordragon, nicknamed Tae, is the daughter of Bolvar Fordragon and the ward of House Proudmoore. A cadet of the Proudmoore Guard, Taelia is also the squire of Cyrus Crestfall, a former knight who was entrusted by Daelin Proudmoore himself with taking care of Bolvar's child.
|This section is a lore stub.|
Taelia comes from Lordaeron, and is the daughter of the former Regent Lord of Stormwind, Bolvar Fordragon. When the Scourge hit Lordaeron, Taelia lost her mother, and her father sent her to Kul Tiras to be raised away from the war. There, Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore tasked one of his most trusted knights, Cyrus Crestfall, with raising the girl. Cyrus taught her how to fight, how to ride, how to sail. By the time she entered the Proudmoore Guard, she was already better trained than some of her instructors, which they didn't appreciate. He also taught her how to deal with thugs, bullies, and "scum" like pirates. When they hit them, they would hit back twice as hard. Even though they were apart, Bolvar still wrote letters to Taelia, "my shining star" as he called her, until one day they stopped coming. Taelia didn't know much about her father's fate, just that he was a Stormwind knight who gave his life fighting the Lich King.
Battle for Azeroth
When Jaina Proudmoore returned on a diplomatic mission to Kul Tiras years after Daelin's death, Taelia was in the crowd that witnessed her being taken by the guards to face judgment from Katherine Proudmoore for betraying her father.
Sometime later, Taelia and the hired Flynn Fairwind helped the Alliance emissary, who had come to Kul Tiras with Jaina, to successfully escape from the prison island of Tol Dagor during the night. Taelia waited for Flynn and the emissary outside the prison and paddled with Flynn to reach the city of Boralus by dawn. At the end of The Pride of Kul Tiras storyline, Taelia is introduced to King Anduin Wrynn, who explains that he knew her father and invites her to visit Stormwind City as his guest when she has time to hear more about Bolvar.
Tides of Vengeance
After Jaina was crowned Lord Admiral, Taelia appears to no longer be a cadet; with a new hammer and new armor, she is a member of a five-man patrol squad implied to be part of a larger company, alongside Carter Riptide, Emma Swiftwind, Tamara Barrie, and Edward Nash, with Galeheart accompanying her. The squad discovered the Horde attacking Anglepoint Wharf and when they saw the enemy had Azerite explosives, realized they meant to destroy the seawall there. They joined the Outriggers in fighting the Horde but were eventually overwhelmed. As Galeheart was the fastest gryphon, Taelia was dispatched to warn Jaina, and she reluctantly left while the rest of the squad covered her escape.
Taelia returned to Anglepoint with the Alliance emissary and Jaina, who reassured her that going for help was the right choice after Taelia apprised her of the situation. Accompanying Jaina to clear the south shore as it was her duty to stay with the Lord Admiral, Taelia asked the adventurer to find her squad while clearing the north shore. She would later witness the adventurer assist Jaina in destroying the Horde's attacking ships.
Please add any available information to this section.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Well met!
- How can I help?
- I've always dreamed of an adventure.
- Together we can unify Kul Tiras.
- I've trained my whole life for this.
- Finally, some action.
- What's the situation?
- Hey, stop that!
- Come on, that tickles! Knock it off!
- I am <giggles> a highly disciplinary <giggles> squire with <laughs> iron will power!
- <snorts> Oh no, you didn't just hear that...
- If you tell anyone that just happened I'll feed you to my gryphon, got it?
- Farewell, friend.
- Duty calls.
- For Kul Tiras!
- Come back with stories.
- Stay on course.
- Serve with honor.
- We can do this!
- In Boralus
- Everything changed here when Daelin Proudmoore was defeated.
- Jaina must have had her reasons... right?
- Cyrus has raised me since I was a child. He taught me how to fight, how to ride, how to sail.
- By the time I entered the guard I was already better trained than some of my instructors.
- They didn't appreciate that.
- That sounds incredible! I'd love to see it some day.
- There's an old saying here in Kul Tiras.
- When something goes wrong, old sailors will shrug it off and proclaim: "You cannot change the winds."
- I hate that saying.
- I grew up hearing tales of the great kingdom of Lordaeron.
- And tales of its fall.
- The Scourge took my mother, my father, and my homeland before I was even old enough to understand.
- In Sagehold
- We'll get through this together.
Notes and trivia
- Taelia enjoys visiting the Snug Harbor Inn and pestering travelers to tell her their stories, especially ones from the Eastern Kingdoms.
- She has been to Drustvar only once, on a hunting trip.
- Bolvar's nickname for Taelia was "my shining star".
- Her generic names are Proudmoore Guard and Kul Tiran Guard.
- In early alpha, the quest stated that Taelia's mother was from Lordaeron. The live version simply says that she lost her mother when the Scourge hit Lordaeron, without explicitly saying where she was from.
- The character of Taelia was created and pitched to the design team by artist Eric Braddock. The unique armor worn by Taelia in patch 8.1 is based off of Braddock's initial concept art for the character.
- While mostly faithful to the concept, Taelia was depicted with a large tome chained to her belt, akin to a paladin, possibly meaning that Taelia was originally supposed to be one.
- Taelia is voiced by Ellie Kendrick.
- Taelia's mother could be Calia Menethil, who had an unnamed daughter and husband which she was separated from after the fall of Capital City to the Scourge. She reunited with them in Southshore, before their family was divided again during an undead attack. Calia believes that her family may have died during the attack, since she didn't see them again. Similarly, if her family survived, they might think the same of her, coinciding with what Taelia says about losing her mother when the Scourge hit Lordaeron.
- However, Calia said that she married a Lordaeron footman. Bolvar, as Taelia states, was a knight of Stormwind. Since nothing is known about Bolvar's whereabouts prior to World of Warcraft, it is possible that he may have been first a Lordaeronian footman, before leaving for Stormwind and becoming a knight.
- Furthermore, it would be strange for Calia not to hear about Bolvar, the former Regent Lord of Stormwind, when she was in Stormwind City during the events of Before the Storm. Unless she was hiding her husband's identity or didn't hear about Bolvar for some reason, this would make this speculation improbable.
- Another possibility could be Lady Mara Fordragon, who fled to Lordaeron and has been presumed dead since, which would match Taelia's account of losing her mother when the Scourge hit Lordaeron.
On a horse.
- ^ a b c d e
- ^ a b
- ^ a b c d
- ^ a b
- ^ a b c
- ^ Taelia says: Lady Jaina... Is that really her?
- ^ a b
- ^ a b
- ^ Eric Braddock 2019-02-04. ArtStation - Taelia Fordragon. Retrieved on 2019-02-05.
- ^ Andrea Toyias on Twitter - "....the fabulous Ellie Kendrick. We were literally in tears in session because Ellie made Taelia truly feel like our own best friend. She was so natural and real. didn't feel like a performance at all. xxx"
- Generic name