- For the character from an alternate universe, see .
|Race||Fel orc (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Bonechewer clan, Fel Horde (Illidari)|
|Former affiliation(s)||Horde of Draenor|
|Occupation||Chieftain of the Bonechewer clan|
Tagar Spinebreaker is the leader of the cannibalistic Bonechewer clan.
Beyond the Dark Portal
He rose to power shortly before the invasion of Draenor, after Grom Hellscream killed the former chieftain, for the Skull of Gul'dan. Tagar garbs himself in the innards of his enemies; that which he does not devour himself. His belt was fashioned from orc spines and bracers carved from the spine segments of an ogre. Tagar is ruthless and bloodthirsty, craving only the heat of battle above all else. The Bonechewers stayed in Draenor during the first crossing, but when the second crossing was imminent, the Bonechewers were brought into line and used against the Alliance.
Tagar Spinebreaker personally accompanied to Blackrock Mountain where the death knight wanted to ensure aid of the Blackhand's sons. However, Rend Blackhand refused and Tagar wanted to attack him but Teron convinced him not to. After they left the mountain, he witnessed who aided with the group. Later he accompanied Fenris the Hunter to the Tomb of Sargeras where they claimed the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras for . After this he returned to Draenor.
The Burning Crusade
This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
Tagar Spinebreaker is now a fel orc, and is likely still the chieftain of his clan. He can be found roaming the hills near the Path of Glory in Hellfire Peninsula, with the surviving warriors of the Bonechewers.
While he is hostile and killable, there is no quest for killing him.
- He is fearable and snareable, has no notable loot and is generally not worth the hassle.
- His two moves are Spine Break which stuns you for 8 seconds and Whirlwind Knockback Inflicts normal damage plus 30 to nearby enemies and knocks them back.
- In the original Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal manual, Tagar is mentioned as the chieftain of the Bonechewer Clan. Beyond the Dark Portal retcons him into the successor of Hurkan Skullsplinter.
- Whether he was next in line for the chieftainship or simply took the opportunity to step up is unknown.
- It is possible that Tagar Spinebreaker is related to , a vision of whom can be seen during the quest .
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.
Chieftain of the Bonechewer clan