Rare projects at low levels
I've got one toon at 525... just started a second toon on Archae. My very, very first project was a rare (Druid and Priest Statue Set).
I would assume that epic gear still has a minimum skill requirement, and I'm not sure what that is, but this article says that only common projects can be done at low levels, which is incorrect.Solitha (talk) 10:11, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Also, I came here looking to see if fragment skillups stopped at 50, which they do... solved all of what I have, and got the Fossilized Hatchling as well, while still skill 70.
Found out that archae xp is affected by, and consumes, rested xp bonus. 14242 at lvl 82, without the bonus, no heirlooms.
Might be cool to put some fancy cataclysm logo at the top of this, specifying it is such, only (?) Took me awhile to figure that out. Yes it says cataclysm in the text. I'd love to see such a logo, though, can you point me to one, and a how-to? Any objections to adding one here? If you do, please show me how :) thanks ;>jamvaru (talk) 06:10, 25 February 2011 (UTC)
There's another 10th race, any idea of what it is?
Some say it's ogre, others tauren...
- I'd say it's these "races":
- Dwarf - naaru/draenei - fossil - night elf
- Qiraji/nerub - tauren - tol'vir - troll
- Demon? - archaeology kit -- 16:37, September 24, 2010 (UTC)
- The last icon says to me "general archaeology symbol." It is either unused or for general things.-- 16:42, September 24, 2010 (UTC)
- The "Demon" symbol is the vrykul flag. The "tauren" symbol is the Horde crest.-- 16:46, September 24, 2010 (UTC)
I'm confused as to why the humans haven't left behind artifacts as race for Archeology, they've been around for sometime and used to dominate the majority of the Eastern Kingdoms for ages. Plus, they are a key race in lore. ---Rotgar (talk) 02:16, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Vyrkul are the human's past. 02:22, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Figured it out; flashing light means that you're very close. Added to the page. --Azaram (talk) 15:35, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
- And, re the colorblindness; the light flashes all the time; the closer you are, the faster it flashes. The red is pretty visible to me, being 'darker' than the green or yellow, but the other two are very hard for me to distinguish. It's more a white, or very light yellow at the last stage of searching, and flashes quickly. Red is about once per second, yellow is a little faster, green faster still, and the last one is nearly blinking. I'll let someone else add this information if they need to. --Azaram (talk) 16:06, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
Optimal archaeology levelling
Has anyone done extensive theorycrafting to determine whether it's quicker to save all fragments until 100 or start completing artifacts at low skill levels in order to increase fragment yields and get a chance at getting keystones? -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 02:30, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
Use in dungeons?
Currently the article includes: "Players can also read ancient runes found in ruins and dungeons to give buffs to themselves and others." It even cites a source, but this doesn't really help either. What kind of feature is it referring to? -- Sarimutona (talk) 00:37, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
I'd love for the page to include the phrase "designed to waste bag space", but that's because I'm a bitter hoarder who never has enough storage space for the things I can't bear to sell/throw away because I'm afraid one day I'll want it back. I also wrote the (very stale) Faction token page. Damn you, Blizzard! -- Thoth (talk) 21:13, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- In a recent Dev chat, they did say they never wanted those useless items to be even made, but felt it wasn't right that you didn't get anything after having "made something". And they plan to do something in the future about those useless vendor trash items. 21:22, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
-- RP is cool for trash, if it makes a difference (not like 'ichor'), like the calico leather set... or the runed copper set, one is found,t he other made, but at least they look cool, unlike broken spider legs. you don't HAVE to eat the whole pig (but you DO have to eat the whole lamb, on passover, if you are a jew, and still under the law ;>' ) ;>jamvaru (talk) 18:23, 6 July 2011 (UTC) --I'm leveling toons with this... I just don't solve until I'm done with a session, or if I'm about to hit the 200 fragment cap.Solitha (talk) 07:17, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
Finds and Fragments Section Edited to Clarify When Dig Sites Despawn
I edited the first paragraph of the Finds and Fragments Section to describe the situation in the way I feel sure the author intended. I removed the first sentence: "Each dig site can be searched three times before it despawns and a new site spawns. " and added the following sentence at the end of the paragraph: "Once the third find is unearthed the dig site despawns and a new site spawns somewhere else on the continent. " This removes any confusion between searching and unearthing. Searching is described at the beginning of the paragraph as using the survey spell. The reader could come away with the impression one could only use the survey spell three times before the dig site despawned. This is the impression I myself had after my first reading.