Talk:Archimonde (Hellfire Citadel tactics)
I'm of a mind to just merge this with Archimonde (Hellfire Citadel tactics), since it really doesn't contain any unique information besides a transcript of the Burning Legion Missive. -- DarkTZeratul (talk) 18:34, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
- While I see where you are coming from, I think it would be best to wait before coming to a decision. After all we don't really know how involved Archimonde will be in the Tanaan questing experience and what not. So I think the best bet would be wait until we know more information before deciding if the pages should be merged. --X59 (talk) 21:18, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
If he makes his only appearance during Warlords in Hellfire Citadel, I'd suggest a merge at that point. Cause I agree, would be silly to have 2 articles for him... I would say the same about Mannoroth.04:53, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- So far, it's looking like his only appearance is the fight. -- DarkTZeratul (talk) 23:01, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
No MU or AU Archimonde
Turns out that the twisting nether transcends time and space, meaning Archimonde is the same one that is faced in WC3 and Burning Crusade, page should be merged into his Hellfire Citadel appearance. https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi/status/607225634301952000 Infinitus798 (talk) 19:29, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
- Agreed. No point in having two different pages when they're the same character. (Also, please sign your posts using four tildes: ~) DeludedTroll (talk • contribs) 19:25, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
- I feel like there's more he's not telling us, though. His answer seemed rather evasive, plus the whole "There's a lot going on that we as inhabitants of Azeroth don't understand about demons." I don't want to jump to conclusions that turn out to be erroneous. Likely, the Warcraft Chronicle book coming out in November will shed some more light on this issue.
- Still, I don't want to imply that we shouldn't mention this at all; I'd just leave it as a note on the page for now rather than merging this into his MU page.
- (I'm still totally for merging this into his Hellfire tactics page, though, given the sparsity of information). -- DarkTZeratul (talk) 19:40, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
- Well that's big. First they said that Archimonde is dead-dead as "per Metzen ruling". Then Kosak, I think, said that there is AU Twisting Nether (with AU Legion). What's happening?! But why would MU!Archimonde be exactly at this moment here? And what about Mannoroth then?--Mordecay (talk) 19:46, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
It seems that Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing with this. https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/607436004375425025
Q: "Main Universe. Because Demons exist outside of timelines. They just go back to the Nether." A: Not really, AU Archimonde is dead until AU Sargeras revives him. Reviving takes a while. A: AU Archimonde contains a lot of knowledge MU Archimonde didn't have, this is important.
- How come AU Archimonde has knowledge and MU one didn't have? Shouldn't it be vice-versa? Is he aware of what does AU and MU mean? Isn't Afrasiabi bigger lore man that Feasel?--Mordecay (talk) 15:49, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
- Sheesh. I really hope the next expansion will have nothing to do with time travel or alternate universes. DeludedTroll (talk • contribs) 16:01, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
- This is why I think simplifying his tweet to "it's the same Archimonde" is a dangerous assumption. It causes too many problems and completely ignores everything he said about there being complicated stuff we don't know. -- DarkTZeratul (talk) 18:43, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
Patch 6.2 Raid Preview: Hellfire Citadel | 2015-06-04 00:00 | Nethaera
- Which goes along with everything else they've been tweeting. AU Arch has knowledge MU didn't have because AU Arch is the reformed MU Arch. Muffinus previously tweeted Sarg has this ability. He stated it again more directly in the tweet above, which has been deleted. MU Arch was resurrected by Sargeras, and sent back in time to AU Draenor (the "reaching across space and time" from the DJ entry). --Aquamonkeyeg (talk) 05:36, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
- Excuse my ignorance but what does "AU" and "MU" mean? I guess A and M mean Alternative and Main but, what about the "U"? --Petrovic (talk) 13:28, 6 July 2015 (UTC)