The levels of the mobs for the cooking quest all have +'s which implies that the mobs are elite which they are not. Perhaps putting the actual level ranges would be more useful.
"Alterac Swiss"? Er, doesn't Swiss cheese come from Switzerland by definition? Shouldn't Alterac cheese be "Alterac Alterackese" or something? :/ --Illidan Rocks 09:04, 1 Feb 2006 (EST)
- To contribute further to the nonsensical conversation, the term is actually regional to the US and Canada: . --Bendyr 15:40, 1 Feb 2006 (EST)
"Swiss cheese" is the term Americans use to refer to what Europeans call Emmental Cheese. The Swiss, like most nations actually has many cheeses, unlike the Americans who only have three: cheese, sliced cheese and aerosol cheese. Anyway, it wouldn't make any more sense to call it Alterac Emmental, because emmental is also a place which doesn't exists in WOW. --Reincarnationfish 22:12, 28 October 2006 (EDT)
- Hey! We got more than three cheeses! We got nacho, too! :-D --Azaram 11:43, 11 April 2007 (EDT)
- I will be the first to admit that the average American's cheese palate is limited, however we have contributed to the cheese world, I.E.:
- —MJBurrage • talk • 15:54, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
We need to post some external guides to cooking such as tutorials, walkthroughs, etc. to get people going. --Bookinvestor 20:43, 9 October 2006 (EDT)
I believe that Cooking needs a set of tables with the recipes cross referenced with their effects. Any other opinions?
- Agreed, but most of this table already exists on the buff page. We also need a list of the non-Well Fed effects that some foods, like have. Wigs 05:32, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
No longer able to level to 300 from normal mob drops.
It seems since patch 2.1 it is no longer possible from mob drops alone. One can no longer get from 275 to 285 in cooking without either doing the Dire Maul recipe or obtaining fish (buying/fishing). Should this be mentioned? I was surprised trying to get my alt to 300 that it was no longer even possible since they've lowered when the Tender Wolf Steak and Monster Omellett turns grey to 275 now.
soothing turtle bisque
wouldnt soothing turtle bisque at 175 be better than what stands in the guides? its really easy to farm at the east coast of tanaris and you get the clams with it!--Rickinator9 (talk) 22:10, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- The Snapjaw turtles east of Southshore and Tarren Mill now drop the meat at a high rate, making it easy to farm the ingredients there. -- ScratchMonkey (talk) 22:37, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
What about cataclysm???
- The recipies would be found at your trainer in the capital cities for your respective faction Stephen Ryback <Cooking Trainer> and Zamja <Cooking Trainer> try one of those two. Somhlth (talk) 23:58, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
Corrected Training Prices
I corrected the prices on the cooking page for training. Here is a list of the price as it was in the old article and the price I changed it to.
- Apprentice was was 84. I changed it to 95
- Jouneyman was 4 21. I changed it to 4 75
- Expert was 84 21. I changed it to 95
- Artisan was 2 10 52. I changed it to 2 37 50
- Master was 8 42 10. I changed it to 9 50
- Grand Master was 29 47 36. I changed it to 33 25
- Illustrious Grand Master was 42 10 52. I changed it to 47 50