Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
I read somewhere he had a wife....is this true?(Marakanis)
- He had a mate of some kind. Kael exists.-- 16:48, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
- Sometimes girls are useful! --N'Nanz 09:06, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
- He had kids with someone.-- 01:36, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
- Does anyone know the wife's name?
For anyone unclear I just wanted to point out that the artwork of Dath'Remar is while he's still a "Highborne". He doesn't become a high elf until after he creates the Sunwell. In the panels just after he makes the Sunwell his face goes from being slightly violet-tinted to being more flesh-colored. It seems it was an almost instaneous change brought on by the well.Baggins 17:46, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
When did he meet Tyrande? Now besides her meeting Kael and them getting very well along (which some speculate is because they both were just trying to survive), has there any other references of her meeting High Elves, and how has she reacted to them? Mr.X8 Talk Contribs 23:06, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
He probably met her 10.000 years ago, before he was exiled and became a High Elf. -Rovdyr 23:07, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
- Azshara's throne.-- 23:49, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
- I think he was some sort of mage or noble in service to the throne. He assumed leadership of the few Quel'dorei who were disturbed by Legion's presence, but it was probably an informal position based on the fact that he was the smartest person with the highest rank.-- (talk · contr) 19:25, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
My 2 cents: This is just guessing from the article as I have read no lore books, but here it goes: Dath'Remar was a noble whose family had been serving Azshara for 20 generations. He was one of the highborne who survived the War, fled with others to Quel'Thalas where he became the king of the fled Highborne, the High Elves. --Farcaster (talk) 17:47, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
Interesting a bit
Regarding his class , is it truly speculation that he was a mage/sorcerer or do the books refer to him as being one of those clearly?I would think it would be written somewhere Anyway I'm curious what status did he have among the Highborne.If he managed to take with him a large part of the highborne with him then he either had a high position or was simply popular among them , he also says something with being the 10-th (or so) generation to server the throne , I would say he had some relatives that served Azshara too , which could mean there were other Sunstriders aswell ...unless of course he's the first one to take such a name . Sorry if I seem naby with these stuff but I'm curious :) (Marakanis 01:03, 16 January 2008 (UTC))
Interestingly enough, Dath'Remar seems to have died from the Scourge, so he should be immortal. Maybe the first high elves who were also Highborne who followed him were also immortal? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Moonleaf (talk · contr).
- That's a good point, but I'd like to mention something that might be related. The life spans page lists the apparent maximum age of a night elf or high elf at 2000 years. Dath'Remar survived the War of the Ancients (10000 years before Warcraft 1), but was alive to found Quel'Thalas, 3200 years later. Furthermore, as you said, he apparently gave himself as sacrifice during the Scourge invasion (20 years after Warcraft 1), according to his epitaph. Assuming he was an 'adult' by night elf standards during the War of the Ancients (as he was in service to Azshara's throne), that puts Dath'Remar's age at no less than 10130 years when he apparently died during the invasion. Is it possible for Dath'Remar to have lived so long, as Tyrande herself has done, or this is an error? Perhaps someone else was named Dath'Remar, in honor of the original, and this it was a different high elf that actually died during the invasion. My point is that perhaps he wasn't immortal, but we do know that he did live beyond the normal lifespan of a modern high elf or night elf. Is it possible to draw any conclusions from that, and perhaps rephrase Dath'Remar's article concerning his age at death? --Drathaen (talk) 05:57, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
The highborne who moved to the Eastern Kingdoms built the Sunwell, which allowed them to live that long. 14:34, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Has it ever been stated anywhere that the Sunwell grants immortality (or at least extreme longevity)? -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 23:23, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- ...all elves are now mortal and have comparable lifespans that can extend as long as several thousand years. Several thousands of years, 10 may be included in that several, so maybe he was alive but very old during the scourge invasion and has to pass his throne to his son because he could no longer governate due to his age. Benitoperezgaldos (talk) 21:52, 18 January 2009 (UTC)