- 1 Relation between dungeon type, character level and rewards
- 2 Renaming possibly too early
- 3 Achievements
- 4 Votekick problem
- 5 Level range
- 6 How does it determine your average ilevel?
- 7 VoteKick 3.3.3
- 8 Seasonal Bosses
- 9 New CATA Level Ranges
- 10 boss counts
- 11 Cata dungeons and Dungeon Finder
- 12 JP and VP rewards
- 13 When did we have the global LFG channel?
Relation between dungeon type, character level and rewards
It is not clear yet how the character level affects the rewards in money and XP.
- For the Classic Dungeons the reward seems to be a with possibly some other goods.
- For the Normal WotLK Dungeons the reward seems to be 2 .
- For the Heroic WotLK Dungeons the reward seems to be 2 .
- I think it would be better to not have the 'N' (normal/non-first) rewards and just say outside of the table that they are approximately half that of the first. As it is, it's a very ugly table, reducing the row-span to be 1 on every row would help this. Tyriar T C 09:39, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
Renaming possibly too early
There seems to be a problem occurring if people use a group more than once, ie. if they don't leave the party after finishing the boss but just teleport out and the group leader is allowed to requeue the group for specific/random dungeons. Now often you won't have a full group to be able to do this with and sometimes there will be undesirable/slack/clueless people you want to get rid of, so you use the vote kick, but after a few times (if you keep running random dungeons) you, and the rest of the party will be prevented from intitiating vote kicks "You are not able to initiate anymore vote kicks". Shouldn't it recognise that the votes passed and the person was booted, indicating that you don't spam it just to make peoples lives miserable and allow you to remove undesirables. I'd found a good group of people to work with cross-server and the only lack was in the intermittent tanks, adter a few dungeons we ended up with a druid that had put himself up as tank specced half resto half balance not even trying to use a form to tank in, aggro gets ripped off so easily from the droood using a hammer, just autoattacking. Then he ended up just sitting around while we progressed needing on anything he could. But nobody could initiate votekick. http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/rorymj/Forum/Signaturesmall.png 05:17, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
- The WoW customer support forum (or better, the suggestion forum) would be a better place to see action happen, than posting on WoWwiki. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 23:39, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
The level range seems to be narrower for random dungeons. For example I've never gotten an orange dungeon. IMO the table should include information on when specific dungeons are green, yellow or orange, as well as including the highest and lowest observed random dungeon levels. -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 04:53, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
- A couple of answers suggest themselves: 1) the dungeon finder may bias in favor of "yellow" or "green" dungeons, 2) the dungeon finder may fill positions in level order (lowest to highest), with the practical result being as above. You do have a point that the rank of the dungeon should be noted somewhere. However, the current dungeon finder tables may not be the best place for that data. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 23:36, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
- As far as I can see, the random dungeon tool selects yellow dungeons up to level 70 then only a subset of the yellow dungeons when you start to near 80. Tyriar T C
- I've had a similar issue with the Dungeon Finder on my lvl 60 Death knight. I queued as tank for a Random BC Dungeon and never received a group within an hour, and I didn't get an ETA. At level 60, all BC instances were orange to me while Classic instances were yellow/green, but since I chose Random BC Dungeons, and they were orange, it didn't give me a group. I could manually select dungeons and get in, but I couldn't use the random feature. Smeggysmeg (talk) 06:14, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
How does it determine your average ilevel?
I've been running tests trying to figure out how it determines your average ilevel (to see if you can run heroics or not) but I haven't had any success. Taking off all my gear still allowed me to sign up for heroics. Taking off all my gear, logging off, and back on also still allowed me to sign up for heroics (wowarmory even updated to the non-geared version). Even putting my gear into the bank and logging off and on didn't help. Seems like this would be useful info for those trying to gear up, but I don't know how it works. Excise (talk) 23:17, February 25, 2010 (UTC)
- The exact process it uses isn't known, but Blizzard has said that it looks at ALL of your gear, bank and bags included. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 23:49, February 25, 2010 (UTC)
There is a lack of information on the VoteKick system and the Deserter Debuff as of Patch 3.3.3. Could anyone fill in some more? I have not been able to find the Debuff or something similar that determines if you get deserter debuff if you leave a group. Also, when are you able / not able to vote kick someone? Flyhard (talk) 13:39, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Vote Kick. I verify the accuracy (at about 75%) of what I wrote. Mostly, based on what I remember of wow.com articles. I would have to do more research to find the changes to the deserter debuff. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 21:29, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I got a DC yesterday in a dungeon and was kicked (about a minute after I joined the group that was already far into BRD). When I got back on I didn't have the deserter Debuff, but a CD on the dungeon finder.Flyhard (talk)
It would be nice to include information about the seasonal bosses being accessible through the DF these days.
New CATA Level Ranges
Here's a list of all 1-60 dungeons and the level range at which each should be explored, followed by the minimum level required for entry in parentheses.
In order by minimum level to enter.
* The Deadmines - Level Range: 15-21 (10) * Ragefire Chasm - Level Range: 15-21 (10) * Wailing Caverns - Level Range: 15-25 (10) * Shadowfang Keep - Level Range: 16-26 (11) * Stormwind Stockade - Level Range: 20-30 (15) * Blackfathom Deeps - Level Range: 20-30 (15) * Gnomeregan - Level Range: 24-34 (19) * The Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard - Level Range: 26-36 (21) * The Scarlet Monastery - Library - Level Range: 29-39 (21) * The Scarlet Monastery - Armory - Level Range: 32-42 (21) * The Scarlet Monastery - Cathedral - Level Range: 35-45 (21) * Razorfen Kraul - Level Range: 30-40 (25) * Maraudon - Purple Crystals - Level Range: 30-40 (25) * Maraudon - Orange Crystals - Level Range: 32-42 (25) * Maraudon - Pristine Waters - Level Range: 34-44 (25) * Uldaman - Level Range: 35-45 (30) * Dire Maul - East - Level Range: 36-46 (31) * Scholomance - Level Range: 38-48 (33) * Dire Maul - West - Level Range: 39-49 (34) * Razorfen Downs - Level Range: 40-50 (35) * Dire Maul - North - Level Range: 42-52 (37) * Stratholme - Main Gate - Level Range: 42-52 (37) * Zul'farrak - Level Range: 44-54 (39) * Stratholme - Service Entrance - Level Range: 46-56 (41) * Blackrock Depths - Prison - Level Range: 47-57 (42) * The Sunken Temple - Level Range: 50-60 (45) * Blackrock Depths - Upper City - Level Range: 51-61 (46) * Lower Blackrock Spire - Level Range: 55-65 (48) * Upper Blackrock Spire - Level Range: 55-65 (48)
I noticed that some boss counts didn't seem right in the Outlands section. I think someone was counting the enslaved bear druid as a boss in Underbog. Also, I think they were counting the mini-bosses in Mechanar, even though they don't drop blues. Criteria I find reasonable include "must drop rare loot", or perhaps "must give justice points in heroic", but I did not check if outlands heroics give JPs for boss kills. If someone can point out some "bosses" that they consider exceptions to the rule, go ahead and comment here.
Cata dungeons and Dungeon Finder
I think it would be helpful to present a page with instance Portals to the new instances. As i found it quite annoying for the first time i couldn´t use LFG (and didn´t read the screen).
I think a Worldmap with cata dungeon entrances would help new players to unlock their instances faster. Maybe even an optimized path like once for all instance. --Alrun (talk) 17:52, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
- You mean like on the main page, which shows the coords/maps of each instance entrance and a link to Cataclysm instances by level? --Grynd (talk) 21:22, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
JP and VP rewards
The amount of JP and VP rewards when slaying a Heroic boss, completing a WotLK+ Dungeon (these are WotLK Normal and Heroic dungeons and Cata Normal and Heroic dungeons) are outdated. If you are level 85 and complete a Cata Heroic dungeon, you will get 150 VP. You likely will also get 150 VP when completing Zul'Gurub or Zul'Aman. You get 77 JP when slaying a Heroic boss. I will change some numbers, but the rest of the numbers in the article has yet to be checked, though. Hans Kamp (talk) 13:29, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
When did we have the global LFG channel?
For a while Blizzard put in a global LFG channel which everyone on a server (split by faction, of course) could access. It turned out to be a party line for trolls and drama, and was taken away. When was it started? I'm looking back through the patches and not finging it - but did find the reference in Patch 1.11.2: "The Looking For Group channel is now defaulted off. Players will need to join the channel to access it. (/join LFG)". This was put in because of the global channel. I'm looking for this dating information for the Timeline (World of Warcraft) page.--Pittsburghmuggle (talk) 01:25, 19 December 2013 (UTC)