Where initial list came from
I may have to be ashamed but it's easier to rip from another website ^^ T'sin French, so, if you are really stuck, just read the proper nouns. http://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.com/index.php?page=gimages&g=466 --Kirochi 17:11, 21 Dec 2005 (EST)
- We should either redirect this article or put real "easter eggs" (see below) in it. --Fandyllic 6:41 PM PST 27 Mar 2006
Not really Easter Eggs
From looking at this list, most are not technically "easter eggs". They should be integrated into In-Jokes and References.
As a long time worker in the SW industry (started working at Apple in the mid-80s), an "easter egg" to me is an intentionally hidden feature or functionality that wouldn't be seen or found by normal usage of the SW. References and in-jokes are not easter eggs. You need to do an obscure combination of things to encounter an easter egg, not normal usage. So anything you run into by just visiting gatherings of NPCs where lots of people might go and seeing a name doesn't count.
An example of an real "easter egg" in WoW was when you could do an emote (/bow, /salute, etc.) to one of the guards in SW and he would emote back to you. Since people don't normally emote to an NPC (unless its part of a quest), this is an easter egg. Does that make sense? --Fandyllic 6:40 PM PST 27 Mar 2006
- Wow. I agree. But I do have an easter egg to add, then. The way to get is something of an easter egg, right? And there are probably a few others. Schmidt 21:20, 27 March 2006 (EST)
- Hmmm... is borderline, since it doesn't seem really intentionally hidden, but just a little out of the way. I wouldn't argue that its an easter egg, since it is sort of hard to find, but it seems a little too integrated into the storyline to be a true easter egg which usually doesn't really fit with a game in most cases. --Fandyllic 9:59 PM PST 27 Mar 2006
- IMHO, Archeus is just a reward from a quest. A devious and often-missed quest, but just a quest in the end. There are several such quests that begin in odd or out of the way places, it's Blizz's way of rewarding players who explore a little more carefully. --Brommon 15:57, 28 March 2006 (EST)
- I completely agree. I didn't even realize there was an In-Jokes and References page, which is the proper home for most of these. (And indeed many of them are already there.) As well, that page's layout is a large step up from this one. Whether to keep this page or simply merge, however... Well, if there are any real easter eggs left then obviously this should be a separate page, but otherwise we might as well redirect to avoid confusion. At the least, even if we don't redirect, this page probably needs a header mentioning that those looking for in-jokes and references should go to the appropriate page. And for what it's worth, some guards do still respond to emotes. After all the heck she gave me in getting the key to Searing Gorge, I felt it was only appropriate to treat the lady dwarf guarding the gate in southern Loch Modan with a /rude - only to discover her responding appropriately! (With a threat on my life, but that's quite in line for her.) --Brommon 15:57, 28 March 2006 (EST)
Real Easter Eggs
Does the fact that the NPCs sometimes say funny things if you repeatedly click on them count as an easter egg? It doesn't hold a candle to the variety and cleverness of previous Blizz games' "pissed" quotes, but some of them do have funny things to say. --Brommon 15:57, 28 March 2006 (EST)
- Yeah, I would say those count as easter eggs. Another example is the Prairie Chicken egg quest you get from clucking repeatedly in front of Westfall chickens. --Fandyllic 6:33 PM PST 29 Mar 2006
- An Easter Egg involving eggs? <_< --Brommon 20:42, 31 March 2006 (EST)
Possible wall hacker easter egg? The abandoned house for wall explorers?
Hey i was goofing off and decided to get in sea lion form and explore waters north of westfalls coast and east of stormwind, well after swiming for 30 minutes finding nothing but mountains i saw a little abandoned house similar to the ones in duskwood that are ABANDONED and have skelletons in it, DOES THIS COUNT AS AN EASTER EGG?? for those of you who want to check it out (i recomend being a druid for water bonus) swim north along the coast of westfall north eventualy you will hit the great sea but if you stay close to the mountains (of stormwind) you will not gain fatique, its queit awhile before you see it and i was using my druid +50 water movement bonus so expect a looooong trip otherwise, also after reading about the spirit easter egg in duskwood i think there MAY..this is MAY be an invisible pop culture reference of some sort thats invisible and requires warlock detection...
Their is a rumored orphanage in the mountains between Nagrand and Zangarmarsh. It is a troll hut with babies of each horde race inside. Can anyione confirm this? --Sandwichman2448 17:00, 31 March 2007 (EDT)
- A more spcific location would help... The majority of the border between the two zones is taken up by the elemental plane, there is nothing I have seen to the west of that. To the east however is the barrier hills, which looks like a troll/horde/whatever village, but it empty.--Stfrn 17:58, 31 March 2007 (EDT)
CONFIRMED -- There is an orphanage at 51,14 (In Nagrand) in the mountains between Zangarmarsh and Nagrand. There are no NPC's there, but a sign reads Challe's Home For Little Tykes, and there are multiple horde babies inside that are not clickable, but sit in baskets and blink occasionally.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Anobeak (talk · contr).
- Thank you! :)-- 17:00, 9 May 2007 (EDT)
- There are NPCs there now... Challe herself, who tells you to be quiet because the babies are sleeping, when they're actually just creeping me out... as well as a belf and human kid that run around, and an orc kid who stands under the ribcage in the sandbox... Challe's Home For Little Tykes--Azaram 03:29, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
In the section: Drysc In Exodar it reads: There is a draenei walking around in Exodar by the name of Drysc after the WoW CM. What is a WoW CM? Thanks in advance, Maraudier 22:20, 23 May 2007 (UTC)Maraudier
Short for a WoW Community Manager.-- 22:06, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
- Aka the people who post in blue text on the official forums that completely ignore relevant questions to post threats or inane babble. --Azaram 09:10, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
What exactly does she do if you do /rude to her? I can't log onto my account right now, so I'm curious.
Drageeno 15:55, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
Another raid encounter thingy
Possible they added it in recently or I just did not see it befoe, but: When everyone comes to celebrate your heroic doings at the draenei starting area you'll see an Elekk next to Kessel named Archimindy.--Maibe 02:34, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
- Nice. Add that. Can you get a screenshot?-- 02:35, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
- I certainly will next time I witness it :) Just don't mind the german text then XD. Oh, and could you add it? you wording's better.--Maibe 02:41, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
- Yes. -- 21:23, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
- This is located near the stable master and mount trainer, also slightly left of the Training Dummies. Parall4x (talk · contr) 05:23, January 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Don't bother responding to 2+ year old questions. 05:26, January 16, 2010 (UTC)
I haven't actually seen this anywhere, but at the end of almost every log in WSG are smiley faces, you can clearly see the eyes/mouth. I'd have never known, but I was stealthed next to one and happened to see it...I checked out more and it gave me a good laugh. I don't have the time to learn all about editing pages to post, I just wanted to contribute this information.
Warpig 16:34, 26 March 2008 (UTC)Warpig
What's the point?
What is the point of this page, really? It contains the exact same type of content as In-jokes and references and is threatening to become just as bloated. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 20:07, January 15, 2010 (UTC)
- There is a theoretical difference, but perhaps it has become lost. Easter eggs are hidden things in World of Warcraft, and In-jokes and references are things that reference other media. There can be some overlap, but obvious things should be removed from here. Though, you can find anything in WoW by walking around enough...-- 20:13, January 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Easter eggs are like finding smiley faces... all these vanity pet notes for example, are not easter eggs. They are the first thing that should be removed. 22:12, January 15, 2010 (UTC)