ok, we need to fix this up.
The "Who" and "Where" columns need to be consolidated into one column...or just deleted altogether...there are links and i dont think they are referenced all that often
We also need to finish adding the column with enchanting reagents.
Anyone up for this task? Blau 02:31, 23 August 2006 (EDT)
- Done! I also grouped enchantments by bonus. In the interest of bringing this article under 32Kb in size, I removed the Components column and all external links. Umbra 10:07, 24 August 2006 (EDT)
Oh noes! All my work for the past month on this page down the drain!!!!!Blau 12:58, 24 August 2006 (EDT)
- Your edits are still in the history. You asked that either "Who" and "Where" be consolidated or deleted. You also indicated there were unused external links. Information for "Components" existed for only 2 of 12 total tables (Chest and Back) and loaded 63 graphic images and would have escalated if applied to the other 10 tables. Enchanting ingredients and source information can also be found in the Formulas articles.
- There was no table size consistency with some tables exceeding the recommended width of 800px. Edits to this article prior to my fromatting changes resulted in this warning...
- WARNING: This page is 71 kilobytes long; some browsers may have problems editing pages approaching or longer than 32kb. Please consider breaking the page into smaller sections
- As I indicated above, "In the interest of bringing this article under 32Kb in size, I removed the Components column and all external links." Hopefully, you will be inspired to expand the Formulas aricles as they pertain only to Enchanting and are good candidates for "Who", "Where" and "Components". Umbra 11:54, 24 August 2006 (EDT)
The problem is that this used to be an "Enchanting by Slot" page and it got rolled into one with the generic enchanting page. What I would like to see with this page (or a separate one if need be) is a one stop shop for people who are looking for enchants to just have to load this page, and get all of the information off of it without clicking any links (internal links perhaps). This page (if separate and more detailed wouldn't be constantly reloaded; it would sit as a permanant tab on my browser. For this reason, it should be OK being larger. There were two sets of links; one set to the recipie and one to the formula for the recipie (basically get rid of the old "how" column). Obviously, we dont need both. I would like to see the rest of it restored in some way though.
The pieces of information I would like to see included on this page are :
- Organized by type of enchant (Enchanter, Leather, Blacksmith) and sorted by level
- Small links to thottbot and allakhazam included after the name for further reference
- A way to list components so they can be identified at a glance (the only easy way i can think of to do this is by using images x1, etc)
- The description of what the enchant does
- A glow where applicable
Is there a program you use to edit it? or are you directly editing the code? I am not an extreme coder so it's really time consuming for me to edit the code by hand. Blau 21:11, 25 August 2006
- k, now it just needs a bit more data for the skill lvl. and it's good. User:CrazyJack/Sig 05:00, 11 November 2006 (EST)
Enchantments by slot
Hey, i created those additional pages to have an overview over every possible enchant (from wherever it comes) you can get for a slot in one table. so if one gets a new item you can see all possible enchants in one table, and dont have to browse through several pages and several tables. these pages dont need to replace the other ones. that way we have an overview about all enchants by kind (enchanter enchants, augments etc) and an overview about all enchants by slot.--Pupapaya 16:55, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
- There's a reason it now links to Augments. Did you stop to wonder why?--Sky 16:57, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
- to show enchants that dont come from an enchanter, divided by their source, not by slot--Pupapaya 17:00, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
- We're trying to get rid of those nasty tables, they were poorly done in the first place, and have much duplicate data that has to be updated many times for a single item. Notice how many items haven't been fixed to the new ratings system? Once all is said and done, the only thing in the enchantments table will be actual enchanter recipes. The rest will link to Augments. You'll notice that head items have no enchanter recipes, hence why I removed the page. Pages with actual recipes will be fixed and won't be deleted, only the content moved to Augments will.
- Separating out into subpages is nice though, I more than welcome the base page being changed into links, or maybe just a redirect back to this page if you've moved all the content. User:Tekkub/Sig 17:04, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
- but, if you just want to know 'with what can i enchant my <slotwhatsoever>', at that point it doesnt matter if its from an enchanter, or somewhere else, and there it is better to have enchant divided by slot, instead of profession. that doesnt make the pages seperated by source useless, its just an additional feature, and very usefull, at least in my opinion.
- the data will be listed twice, divided by slot and divided by source, but blizzard adds or changes these stuff so rarly, keeping that up to date is very easy. keeping items up to date is so hard cause there are so many and they are updated/added almost every patch.--Pupapaya 17:17, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
- I agree, it is very useful to have them sorted by source. And unnecessary. Most people will end up clicking on the augment that they would like to apply, since there are summaries of each one on the page already.--Sky 17:21, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
- Would it not be simpler to add a table to the top of Augments that lists what augments can be applied to what slot? The majority of the augments only apply to non-enchanter-able slots anyway, so the cases where a player would be bouncing between the enchant page and the augment page are going to be minimal. A case can be made for the armor kits, scopes, and other craftable augments not being on seperate pages... I initially had them all on the same page. I'm more than willing to move those back in, but I think the enchanter enchants and non-enchanter augments need to be distinctly seperated. User:Tekkub/Sig 17:27, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
Enchantments By Effect
Suggestion for additional layout for the main enchantments page - not sure if anyone agrees it would be worth doing, so before i go through and make all the pages
For Enchantments by effect, refer to these pages:
- + Resistance (Fire, Arcane, Frost, Nature, Shadow, All)
- + Weapon Damage (Beasts, Elementals, Demons, All)
- + Attack Power
- + Haste
- + Hit Rating
- + Critical Strike
- + Ranged Damage
- + Ranged Attack Power
- + Ranged Speed (Quivers/Pouches)
- + Ranged Hit Rating
- + Ranged Critical Strike
- + Spell Damage (Frost, Fire, Shadow, All)
- + Spell Damage & Healing
- + Healing
- + Spell Hit Rating
- + Spell Crit
- + Spell Penetration
- + Mana Per 5 Seconds
- + Stealth
- - Threat
- + Threat
- + Absorption
- + Movement Speed (Mounted, Running)
- + Resist Immobilisation
Glodurin 21:54, 17 September 2007 (UTC)