As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Does anyone know what the Goblin capital will be? I know for the Worgen their capital is Gilneas City and I assume the Goblin capital is The Undermine but if Kezan is supposedly destroyed by the Cataclysm it would make no since to have the capital there. Anyone know for sure what the capital is planned to be? SandersP (talk) 21:03, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Being underground, you'd think it would have been worse off... 02:48, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- I guess it would depend on the extent of the eruption, the strength of the ground, and we do not know if Kezan was completely destroyed or not yet.--Centaur77 (talk) 20:20, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
They mentioned during the panels that the new races are not going to have your typical capitals in the same sense as the current races since they feel there are enough of them. It was even mentioned that the racial leaders may not even be where you can meet them since for example the goblin leader is on Kezan still while player goblins end up on the Lost Isles. Leviathon (talk) 20:38, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Bah its a whole Troll/Gnome reversal... Worgen will have a home, Goblins technically won't. 21:01, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'd imagine there will be a small little goblin 'capital' on the Lost Isles with things like a auction house but neither factions city will really be the same as the current races capitals. Gilneas City even seems to be quite a bit smaller than your typical capital since so much of it is in ruins. Leviathon (talk) 21:14, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- "Gilneas City" was moved to "Greymane City", and it is also a battleground.-- 21:16, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Probably more of a Sen'jin Village... place you can visit, possibly buy your racial mounts from, but nothing really else to do there. Shame though.. was hoping to visit Undermine or Plunder Isle... 21:28, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe they'll be featured in a patch, like a new dungeon. JPlowman2 6:23, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- I suppose Undermine is destroyed. I mean, the city was built in the volcanic caverns of mount Kajaro itself - lava would flow right through the city. And Gilneas city is an announced battleground. It was also announced that Worgen will get their own district in Stormwind (can't wait, gonna be so gothic and spooky). And it was also said that Azshara will get a cut through the mountains towards orgrimmar, so the Goblin "Capital" will probably be on the very southern shore of Azshara, connected to the expanded Orgrimmar. I think. Volcan 19:37, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
why 6 instad of 3? I take it they have yet to choose or that they're just useless speculation, "best deals anywhere" is bugged anyway, since it allows you to make a lvl1 goblin alt and use him to buy anything that does not require reputation or level. --Lo'oris (talk) 13:17, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- In the panels it was said that probably not all the racials will be available from the start. They also said all the original racials will be reevaluated. These racials are all from the preview panel, however. Xarantaur (talk) 20:58, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Not sure how making a level 1 goblin alt to buy stuff from vendors at a lower price is considered "bugged" if that was an intentional racial... 21:03, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Best Deals Anywhere gives you the discount only. You still have to rep grind to get the rep. At least that's how I see it.
Sebreth 08:07, October 17, 2009 (UTC)
- What will it be called? Bilgewater Port II? Arena 52 is already having a funky name ;) -- 17:04, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
Well if I remember right, Azshara will be redone as a low lvl Horde zone, and with it's close proximity to Orgrimmar, which has a little goblin engineering shop, I'm certain Orgrimmar will house the three races: Orc, Troll and now Goblin. Mykael Mourningsun Vae Victis 20:50, January 9, 2010 (UTC)
In the PC Gamer Magazine it says that Garrosh evicts: blood elves, forsaken, goblins and trolls. only keeping the tauren. It also said their city will be built on the Azshara cliffside. By the way on my first message on the Goblin City part of the talk page i read the goblin city in the cliffside. Hallowseve15 (talk) 11:11, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
You think this will be similar to the Troll priest as in voodoo worship? Lost-Blue 18:42, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
- I think it will be the same reasoning Gnomes get priests.
22:20, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
- A couple blue posts said that the Holdout Medics and North Fleet Medics are already priests.-- 22:22, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm sure this has been answered many times, even in the article. You play as part of the Bilgewater Cartel, whereas the BootyBay and alike are part of the Steamwheedle Cartel... they will remain the same as they are now. 00:43, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
The picture of the salmon-coloured ogre-looking guy has a caption saying it's a "Hobgoblin." I find that a bit far fetched. Hobgoblins are large, yes, but retain goblin features. That lumbering thing looks nothing like a goblin, and would appear to be an updated ogre, if anything. Besides, hobgoblins are purple. 'Salmon' is a pink tone. Not purple. In the trailer, it showed similar motions as an ogre. Also, hobgoblins are muscularly enhanced through alchemical means, like Dire trolls. Even the page on this site of WoWWiki about hobgoblins states they have an extremely short lifespan, small intellect, and are used rarely. Ogres have been known to be employed by goblins to serve them as much more suitable bodyguards. And in a catastrophic event like Mount Kajaro erupting, I don't think goblins would care much to save any hobgoblins. But that's some speculation. Where's a citation stating it is, in fact, a hobgoblin? Mykael Mourningsun Vae Victis 23:37, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Eh, who knows. I looked on the Cataclysm website, but found nothing. Still, we've thought lots of things have looked one way, only for them to look completely different in the games/media, in the past. I say leave it be until some official statement comes along and slaps us in the face. --Super Bhaal (talk) 06:08, January 9, 2010 (UTC)
- It is stated that the bank racial summons a hobgoblin servant and when used in the demo it summoned a creature identical to Gobber(the ogre-like creature seen in the demo). Keep in mind they're may also be different types of hobgoblins and the hobgoblins in the demo are meant to hoist luggage not fight. It would be kind of silly anyway to summon a rabid and psychotic looking hobgoblin for the sole purpose of being a banker.
- Copperblast (talk) 02:40, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Why? It's live, the cataclysm template was used to mark future content not released yet. 07:56, 5 January 2011 (UTC)