I'm currently working on adding the new WotLK designs (including the Grand Master ones). Note that some of the designs are in the 350 to 370 skill range and so were added to the Master designs table. This is because they can still be learned by players with Master level jewelcrafting, and the skill requirements for these recipes fit in between those added for the Burning Crusade. The Grand Master table should include everything that can only be learned by a Grand Master craftsman, i.e. skill of 380+. For a discussion on this, see Wowpedia talk:Village pump#Grand_Master__.2F_Master_division_.28JCers_needed.21.29 --w.woods (talk) 05:08, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
Page Layout (old)
Test of new page
I posted this to Wowpedia talk:Village pump#New_jewelcrafting_designs_page as well: I've just completed an overhaul of jewelcrafting designs, adding a massive number that were missing, and rejigging the tables along the lines of leatherworking patterns. It's not live, as I don't want to make big changes without discussion. The test version is at User:W.woods/Sandbox1. The page it is intended to replace is Jewelcrafting recipes. Feedback would be greatly appreciated! :) If the community approves it, I'll:
- add it as "Jewelcrafting designs", and redirect the current Jewelcrafting recipes to it
- swap the various tables into Apprentice jewelcrafting designs etc.
- redirect Jewelcrafting/RecipeTable/Apprentice etc. to point to the above. I think there are currently too many levels for these tables.
- New page is now swapped in, and jewelcrafting recipes now points to jewelcrafting designs (and old discussion / history moved across) -- w.woods (talk) 06:37, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
That I can think of --Divisortheory 20:29, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
- I updated Divisortheory's list to include a lot more. This was done by comparing a number of databases, and should be pretty comprehensive. Anything in italics is almost certainly not in the game currently, even though it is reported in various databases --W.woods 14:21, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
- All of the recipes that I know of, including all those mentioned in other popular databases and those speculated to come in the future (i.e. in the game database but not available in the game) have been added to the designs page. So the 'missing' list was deleted. --w.woods (talk) 07:46, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Been using this for the past week or so as I level my jewelcrafter, and have repeatedly found inaccurate entries. Everything from vastly overstated mat requirements for the items(Graptor 18:06, 7 March 2008 (UTC)), to Inaccurate plan sourcing( ). As far as I can tell, the former problem is semi-systemic. I dunno what happened but this article is BADLY screwed up.
- Fixed those two items, thanks. Unfortunately, materials and sources can change over time and this page is only as accurate as the people who notice changes and contribute. If you know which other designs in particular are out of date, you could either post the required changes here (with info on what they need to be changed to), or if you're confident, you could even edit the page yourself --W.woods 10:04, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, I just compared the tables here with those on several other major databases and I think I've identified (and fixed) all recipes that had the wrong ingredients. Now to add all the missing recipes... --W.woods 05:13, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
Removing "Designs of Uncertain Status"
I will personally vouch from my own obsession with JC that none of these designs are going to be implemented. We can resurrect the page at a later date if it's needed again, but it just adds to the confusion that is jewelcrafting, so it's gone for now. -Howbizr (talk) 19:37, 29 May 2009 (UTC)