I would enjoy a "kick the baby" Kobold vanity pet :-P--Kirochi 15:29, 29 Jan 2006 (EST)
Kobold Night Elf/ Harpy Relation
I’ve floated this on the WoW forums page, with only one hole poked in it.
Female night elves Azshara got mad at were turned some times into harpies. The only question is what happened to the males that Azshara got mad at? Could they be Kobolds?
Kobolds are the only males that the harpies will not attack and will trade with. Why won’t the harpies trade with any one else. My answer is they don’t need to trade at all. They have every thing they need. So why do they let Kobolds live? My answer is they were previously the same species.
Evidence for the Kobold night elf relation Kobolds use a primitive magic much like the old night elves. They also tend to have a strong connection to the earth like the night elves and they are sometimes found living as aids or allies to the earth giants, like the Night Elves. Another point we have not seen or heard of a female Kobold. So far they have all been male. Please comment and poke holes in my theory so I can shore them up.
- In Lands of Mystery, Brann Bronzebeard acknowledges the existance of male harpies. He says they are weak, feeble, and flightless. They are dominated wholly by the females and are restricted to the inside of the nests. They never leave and exist only to procreate with the females. So kobolds can't be the male versions of harpies since there are already male harpies. Kobolds are probably just another native Azerothian species like gnolls or furbolgs.
- If you notice, Kobolds have round ears. All descendants of Night Elves or Trolls have pointed ears, even the most corrupted of Satyr. --GeekOfDeath
Even harpys know they need some allies. So the picked the weakest and most stupid race they could find:) (Keilden 09:48, 24 May 2007 (UTC))
I've complained about this on almost every species talk page, but how do kobolds speak Low Common? I understand how the ones in the Eastern Kingdoms could have learned it, but the ones in Kalimdor? It makes a lot more sense for there to be a unified Kobold language that they all speak, rather than assuming the ones in Kalimdor magically learned how to speak Common because their cousins on the other side of the world had. ~ Grudgham (talk) 19:29, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Read the second paragraph of Common (language). ~ 21:10, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Kobolds are evolved from troggs (confirmed in World of Warcraft: The Magazine Volume II Issue I), that were the first attempt to create the earthen. -- Forco sussura agli abissi 15:31, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
Kobolds in the Horde? Source please?--IROCHI) 16:13, 2 March 2016 (UTC)
- There's a Horde questline in Stonetalon where you help recruit (or rather, enslave/subdue) the Boulderslide kobolds to attack the Alliance forces in the area. -- DeludedTroll (talk • contribs) 16:16, 2 March 2016 (UTC)
After finishing the archaeology questline for Nar'thalas keys, you get access to a past version of the academy in Aszuna, and unlock three encounters with kobolds. These are named after in game books, and the third one references a kobold "empire" ("Before the Candle"). Is there a way for us to find out what this is about?--KIROCHI) 14:15, 19 July 2019 (UTC)