I hope there isn't already an article of this kind, but if there is, i didn't find it =/
Wrath of the Lich King (Patch 3.3) loading screens
These aren't new, they are just widescreen versions of the normal loading screen. --21:07, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
- didn't they all went widescreen?
- Outland got a phoenix, adding it back
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 21:24, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
- No, those who has monitors with widescreen resolutions get these. Those who hasn't get the normal ones as far as I know. -- 21:27, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Shouldn't all the widescreen versions still be on the article though (I don't see them)? It seems like a valid change to record, and they do differ reasonable from the non-widescreen versions. 17:59, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
- If I get it, before 3.3 everyone had a non-widescreen loading screen, but after 3.3, widescreens got widescreen loadingscreen?
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 18:36, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes A'noob. :) Before patch 3.3, those loading screens weren't wide. After, they now actually show more than the original. — Surafbrov 22:45, 24 August 2014 (UTC)
Do we really need to keep the Cataclysm Beta login screen? Which seems to be (to me) the most evident placeholder ever.
Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 10:03, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
- The way I see it, we exist to document, not make judgements. This login screen is temporary, but it's what's in the beta right now, and so it deserves to be in the article. - LucidFox (talk) 10:16, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
MoP New Screens
Well i was playing today til i notice Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms login screens were updated with the new Mists of pandaria logo instead of the Cataclysm logo. — Surafbrov 00:58, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
Battle for Mount Hyjal
... loading screen is missing on this page. Great work otherwise, thanks to all editors.
I've recently updated the loading screens for resolution 1280x1024. If a widescreen was available, I've used that instead at a 1920x1200. The burning crusade and vanilla loading screens are 640x512 now instead of a square 512x512. I'd recommend at least resolution 1280x1024 for future loading screens unless it's like 512x512. Any ones that was already at 1280x1024 were most likely updated because of some changes. For an example; The Cataclysm Northrend loading screen had a brightness changed from what I've uploaded. Here's what it was before my upload so you can compare them. Or maybe the image has been updated; for an example. Also some of these uplaods were done to make the size a bit smaller but the image is still the same. You can see an example here. The image that I just uploaded is a widescreen, and the original one isn't a widescreen but the widescreen one is way smaller than the original. — Surafbrov 22:45, 24 August 2014 (UTC)
Creating blank login screens
To take a screenshot of a blank login sccreen:
- Backup your Fonts and Interface folders in the game directory.
- Unpack this tiny archive to your game directory.
- Launch WoW.exe or WoW-64.exe.
If you did everything right, the login screen should have no UI except for a blinking text cursor. Take a screenshot at the desired resolution, then restore your original Fonts and Interface folders (or, if you had no Fonts folder, delete the one unpacked from the archive).
Technical details: the game font is replaced with an invisible font, and relevant textures UI used on the loading screen are replaced with fully transparent ones. - Linneris (talk) 16:28, 8 October 2016 (UTC)
- On second thought I forgot to remove the logo, I'll remake the screenshot later. - Linneris (talk) 17:16, 8 October 2016 (UTC)
Legion Broken Isles loading screen x2
Should the login screen from 7.0.3 with a blue half-Shalamayne be mentioned in the article? Either as an image in Loading_screen#Legion, or as an image in Loading_screen#Miscellaneous, or as a text mention in Loading_screen#World_Screen_Trivia.--Adûnâi (talk) 20:51, 22 November 2016 (UTC)