Reputation for quests
Please be sure to note the reputation rewards from quests - if it gives no reputation, please mark (0 reputation) so we can see that someone has already tested that quest. (I'm going to be farming whatever quests I can for Cenarion rep for Royals :)) -- davidc
Could you please submit some screenshots too ? (-: --Kirochi 11:55, 27 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Screenshots of what exactly? User:davidc
- Of the Elders for instance ^^--Kirochi 20:31, 27 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Haha they're just mobs standing in pools of light. I'll grab one. -- davidc
- Done :) -- davidc
- Great ^^--Kirochi 08:20, 28 Jan 2006 (EST)
The Elder quests are giving +50 rep to each city of you faction. It also says "Each of the five cities", that means I can get Exodar reputation (As Alliance, of course) before the BC patch, ingame? Sounds a bit too good for me.. - FireFly 14:38, 15 December 2006 (EST)
WoW Lunar New Year
My GM just posted that message on the guild's BBS ==>http://guidzican.free.fr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7876&sid=72209e7193cf6552bb7cdc960d89bd21#7876
- Here's a translation
- I have just received informations from Blizzard about the next event which will take place from the 27th of January to the 14th of February. I mean the World of Warcraft Lunar New Year, which might be translated by "le jour de l'an lunaire" and which actually corresponds to the Chinese New Year's day.
- For players, it will be acted in fact of celebrating the ancestors of Azeroth. As for all the events, various searches and objects will be available like fireworks, outfits, tailoring recipes, a special red chest containing a surprise and much more.This event will also bring loads of new NPC's. You can right now remember two useful dates:
- * On January the 29th, which thus corresponds to Chinese New Year's day, decorations will be placed every the capital as in Nighthaven and in all the Moonglade. Celebrations will also take place at Stormwind, Thunder Bluff and Booty-Bay.
- * On February the 13th, a last firework will be held in Moonglade. In parallel, there'll be also a "Lanterns Festival" with the appearance of many lanterns around the lake Elune'ara.
- And hold on ! Players will be able to meet a new boss named Omen which'll be available only during the event. He's quite powerful, so he'll be a raid boss. He was inspired by Nian's legend from the Chinese mythology.
How do you feel about these "new NPC's" ? For me, there's no doubt (-:--Kirochi 19:14, 21 Jan 2006 (EST)
- I'd like to move this to its own rumor page. Is that okay?
- --Fandyllic 6:42 PM PST 21 Jan 2006
- Well, doesn't seems to be a rumor to me, and I posted that because it might involve the Pandaren, but feel free ...--Kirochi 12:21, 22 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Doesn't seem to be any connection to Pandaren so far. --Fandyllic 2:37 PM PST 23 Jan 2006
You are so right ... What a pain for me ... )-`:--Kirochi 18:33, 23 Jan 2006 (EST)
Anyone know the minimum level at which you can get the recipes for engineering and tailoring? you can get them at 60, but not at 20, the npc appears with a Gray ! CJ 09:26, 28 Jan 2006 (EST)
repeatable between years
I did all these quest last year short of fighting Omen. This year, no one is giving me coins or quests. Up above it says they aren't repeatable. Does this mean that for any given character they only get to talk to NPCS once? There are still a few elders around the world I didn't talk to, but I didn't count that I'd have to track the obscure ones down. -Nineite
- I would like to know this as well. Is there a reason why you are not allowed to do the events again, even if its a year later? (And I am aware this is an old post, but it was more relevant here. :) ) -- Maice 05:49, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
As of Feb 5 2008 I'm able to visit Elders I got coins from last year (I kept track with a spreadsheet), so it looks like Blizzard has made this repeatable every year. Seankreynolds 20:11, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
- Since BC reset things, I think you're right. Helps a lot if, for instance, you got a lot of coins, but were too low level for the firework recipe quests... threw out the coins... and next year rolls around, oops... --Eirik Ratcatcher 00:58, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
I've removed the cleanup tag, but we need to be careful the image links don't break (either by monitoring them, or uploading them locally).17:27, 12 November 2008 (UTC)