Why is this referred to as the 'first' instance? It is significantly harder than Botanica.
I've always thought of it as the second too, but it's certainly not harder than Botanica - you'll never see groups chain farming Botanica the same way you do Mechanar, because it's significantly longer and significantly harder. -Kat
I can confirm that Drillers are immune to Enslave in heroic mode, and suspect that the same applies to Wreckers. Could anyone confirm this before it goes on the page? Nekomancer 16:47, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
- Wreckers are immune too Exor674 03:11, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
Druid/Rogue free chest runs
Regarding the bugs section, I can't find an item in Patch 2.2.0 indicating that chests were removed from instances. The undocumented changes indicate that the chests were moved to make them harder to solo. -- ScratchMonkey (talk) 02:56, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Elevator is not visible
Problem: This client-side issue causes some players to not be able to see the elevator. This occurs on a per-instance basis.
Workaround: If you encounter this problem, the only ways around it are to:
- Use a Warlock's Ritual of Summoning to go around the elevator.
- Log into another computer long enough to move your character up the elevator.
- Full reboot of player's computer (worked at least once)
The upper floor is locked
Patch 2.0.12 (2007-04-03): The gate at the top of the elevator in The Mechanar will now remain open while attempting the gauntlet and after Pathaleon the Calculator is killed
Problem: Under certain circumstances, the elevator gateway remains closed after the group wipes. This issue is still not fixed as of 7 March 2007 in patch 2.0.10.
Workaround: The best ways to deal with this are:
- Making sure the group has a wipe bailout in place, such as a , ankh, , and so on.
- Zoning everybody out and back in again.
- Filing an in-game ticket reporting an environmental issue and putting "Mechanar" as first word in the issue.
- Similar to zoning everyone out, dying apparently can solve the issue.
- A "soft reset", which was described by a GM as leaving the instance for 30 minutes.
Note: GM stated that devs have asked that players not be ported to the other side of the gate after this occurs, as this may cause other problems.
Resetting Pathaleon Breaks the Instance
Problem: If attempting to reset the final boss by running towards the elevator, sometimes he may bug, keeping the remainder of the instance inaccessible. When Pathaleon mind-controls the players, they will release and fall under the map. When this happens, the client may be disconnected and will have difficulty getting back on. After this, Pathaleon and his adds will be scattered between several rooms in the back half of the instance, rendering the instance unplayable.
Currently (Patch 2.3.3) there is no known workaround, a GM must be paged to reset the mobs and, occasionally, the players as well.