That can't be right.
- For each point of the defender's defense skill over the attacker's attack rating, the base miss rate increases by 0.01% for the first 10 points, and ~0.06% after that.
That can't possibly be correct. Doing the math, it would put the miss rate on level 71 mobs at 5.05%, level 72 mobs at 5.10%, and level 73/?? mobs at 5.40%. The actual miss rates are more like 6%, 7%, and 9%, so the miss rate increase would be more like 0.2% each for the first 10 points, and 0.4% for each point after that. Kathucka 19:23, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- You're right I believe I probably should have double checked the math. It would be 0.1% for the first 10 and 0.6% for each point after that. However, it is untested beyond the first 15 points. I would need to find my notes before I make any other changes. Xer01 11:35, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
- Still incorrect. See http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t11885-rogue_warrior_weapon_skill_adjustment_discussion/p20/#post469576 for the very latest research. Kathucka 00:30, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
- Actually it is still accurate for it purpose, at least the first 15 points above max-base weapon skill. What that post on the EJ forum presents a formula that may be more accurate for mobs greater then 4 levels above the player. Either way this is a Wiki after all, feel free to change whatever is needed to reflect current and accurate models. Xer01 17:17, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- The author of the Elitist Jerks article has completely re-written this page to reflect more correct values. Kathucka 22:09, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
How does the attack rating being removed from the game affect this article and a player's chance to miss? I would think it would be a fairly large change would it not? If not then the least that should be done is remove the references to it in the article. --Sonzaisuru 22:50, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
- The attack rating may have been removed from the character sheet and replaced with expertise (for only melee weapons), but it still exists. If your weapon skill is still low, you will miss as much as you would have before the change. I myself have seen very little difference with the change, as I see little or no +weapon expertise items in game. Come WoLK, I'm sure we'll see more. 23:21, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
I've heard a rumor that your base Miss chance against boss mobs in WotLK, assuming you're level 80 and your weapon skill is fully trained up to 400, is now 8% instead of 9%.
Is there any truth to that rumor?