We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Is there anything on the monk class? Mr.X8 00:32, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- Its not a class in the RPG, the closest to monks is the Runemaster. Other than that monks in World of Warcraft are strange ninja like npcs, in some factions, that kick and punch rather than using weapons.Baggins 00:36, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- Interesting. I think I'll make an article on it Mr.X8 17:22, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- No, No this isn't fan fic, I just used Baggins' info on it so it would have an article Mr.X8 01:12, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- Please someone change it back Mr.X8 02:39, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- He said it was not a class in the RPG. The Pandaren lore bits and classes are just made up by Samwise on a whim with out following the normal outlines.-- 16:03, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- Well then lets get rid of the article, it's not mine Mr.X8 17:58, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- Well, actually the "monk" bit for pandarens is from Alliance & Horde Compendium, so it was from the authors of that book not Samwise. It made references to them being monks. However monk was never given a formal class article in the rpg, unless one counts the "runemaster" (one would have to go back to the PHB and DMG in order to get the rules for how to play them), actually the first reference to monk was in the first WCRPG book. It said that monks specifically was a class that did not exist in Warcraft RPG as they either didn't fit into the style or lore of the universe, or just weren't relevant at the time of the book (although some from that list were later incorporated into World of Warcraft as npc class/titles, and occasionally referenced in future rpg supplements, or incorporated in an alternate form).Baggins 18:21, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
- I agree, I just didn't want to do it without consulting anybody else.---- BlackBoy0 (talk) 22:56, 21 October 2011 (UTC)
The color of the Monk class will be jade green. That seems to be dark bluish green. It is darker than the green used as color for the Hunter class. It also differs from the Mage (lightblue) and Shaman (blue) color. Hans Kamp (talk) 07:27, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
- He didn't say it differs from the mage and shaman colors (which would be obvious, since it's green and they're blue), but that the difference between it and the hunter green is *LIKE* the difference between shaman blue and mage blue. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 08:08, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
New Class Icon
Found a new class icon here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator With a cleaned up version of it here: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/icons/56/class_monk.jpg Can I go ahead and upload it? GolanTrevize (talk) 06:24, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
- Go ahead. 06:30, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
The Artifact interface in Legion seems to show a difference icon for monks that's different from the one currently used (it's also the Pandaria crest). Is this the new monk crest? --Thenewmtrais (talk) 00:37, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
- Goblins and worgen cannot be Monks, likely because there are no plausible lore reasons why there would be (although some races like Forsaken make just little sense), just as there is nothing plausible for pandaren to ever become death knights. They may become monks in the future if Blizzard comes up with something (after all, never say 'never'). Another reason would most likely be that the Worgen and Goblin models have been redone recently, and Blizzard doesn't see need to re-work them.
Apart from the obvious fact that goblins and worgen are the only races that cannot be monks, I don't think there's anything here I agree with. Afaik, all new monks are trained by pandaren, following the 'events' preceding MoP:
- Q: Which races can be a monk?
- Since coming into contact with members of the Horde and the Alliance, several of Pandaria’s masters have begun to teach their new allies the secrets of their ancient martial arts. Currently, every race except goblin and worgen can learn the ways of the monk.
- In the wake of events on the Wandering Isle, pandaren monks will travel to key places throughout Azeroth to share their wisdom with young Alliance and Horde trainees.
All of this seems quite clear. Whether it is considered that worgen and goblins don't wish to be monks, or are unable, I don't know, but there is no necessity for 'plausible lore' - all non-pandaren monks will simply learn the art from the freshly-arrived pandaren monk trainers.
I also don't see any relevance to the models being re-done. In the latest FAQ J Allen Brack implied the models wouldn't be done anytime soon:
- we would definitely like to figure out a way to have the time to do that. One of the problems is... 
So, if the rest of the race models are not being remade (and yet are available to play as monks), I can't see what the newness of the worgen and goblin models has to do with them not being available to play as monks.
Leaving aside the obvious "they may become monks at some time in the future", this seems to leave us with "The only races that cannot be monks are goblins and worgen."
- Given how speculative it is, I wouldn't mind just removing that paragraph entirely. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 20:30, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
"We are the faithful servants of the Earth Mother. We revere her and the spirits of the land itself. We do not act first, but react in kind. We are the water that flows around the rock, finding a way even when the way is shrouded. We are bringers of balance in a world gone askew. May it keep you warm wherever your path takes you."
This was added, without a reference. I'd never seen it before, and the mention of the Earth Mother by a monk seemed a little strange. Searching in google brings up 19 pages (including this one) every one of which is from an item of WoW clothing. Is this a real line from in-game, which is mysteriously never mentioned anywhere else online? Or is it simply some flavor description made up by the folks at Jinx to sell hoodies? -- Taohinton (talk) 00:29, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
- I can't recall ever reading that line. Quotes like that don't really belong in the class overview anyway. Removing it. 03:17, 18 August 2013 (UTC)