While 'Brood of Nozdormu' should be kept separate from 'Bronze Dragonflight' because it is the name of an in-game faction, the same can not be said for 'Brood of Alexstrasza'. -- Varghedin, 28 sept 2006, 16:39 (CET)
- I concur. the information on "Brood" is the sort of thing that should be on "Dragonflight." --Ragestorm 16:58, 28 September 2006 (EDT)
While merging Brood of Alexstrasza with this page, I noticed a few things that do not belong here unless proven with a screenshot or citation, and even plain nonsense. For example, I never noticed any Red Dragons near Onyxia's Cave. Please make a screenshot where it is clear that Red Dragons are near Onyxia's Lair, I've removed it for now. User:Jeoh/Signature
Nonagression to THREE of the Alliance races?
It was High Elves, not Night Elves that Alexstraza pledged nonagression to- not night elves, unless she is including all elf kind. Additionally, wouldn't this protect blood elves from aggression, they being the species of elves Alexstrasza spoke to? Omacron 23:19, 29 January 2007 (EST)
While we know the red flight hated the old horde, how do they feel regarding the new horde? Hordesupporter 23:53, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
- I'd suggest that Alextrasza is optimistic, given her nature. Korialstrasz shows no bias or bad feeling towards orcs in general, as he happily fought alongside Brox. The Flight as a whole doesn't have a problem with the New Horde, provided they don't get in the way. -- (talk · contr) 00:01, 16 March 2007 (EDT)
This page still has a banner at top asking for citations. any particular claims made in the article that still require sources, or should the banner be removed? i'd be happy to look through the books and whatnot to validate or invalidate anything here. Warthok 09:14, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- "The red dragonflight is the most powerful of the dragonflights, and was tasked by the Titans to guard and maintain all life on Azeroth." Needs full citation, perhaps from Day of the Dragon.
- "According to the Manual of Monsters, red dragons have a bearing and stature that recalls the fact that they once ruled as lords over all dragon kind." Needs page number.
- "They prefer also to destroy an opposing force's leadership first, ruining its power structure and hopefully setting the younger or less experienced to flight." Needs full citation.
- "During the War of the Ancients, she fought alongside the other dragons to stop the Burning Legion coming from the Twisting Nether, while the night elves, tauren, dwarves and furbolg fought on the ground. When Neltharion used the Demon Soul to betray the dragonflights, all broods suffered huge casualties, especially the blue dragons. However, the Bronze, Red and Green dragons were able to get on with living. " Needs multiple citations, mostly from The Well of Eternity.
- "Ten thousand years later, the orc clan Dragonmaw led by the warlock Nekros used an ancient artifact known as the Demon Soul to enslave Alexstrasza and force her offspring into the service of the Horde. Nekros kept her in magic bindings in the heart of the mountain of Grim Batol until the mage Rhonin managed to destroy the Demon Soul and set her free. " Needs citation from Day of the Dragon.
- "The red dragonflight currently in World of Warcraft appears to be hostile to all other races. However, the brood here is currently not under Alexstrasza's control. They are grown-ups of the left-over whelps that the Horde did not kill, or the drakes that were brainwashed by the Horde. " Needs citation from either the game or lore.
- "If Alexstrasza were controlling them, they would not be killing, but they would be showing their love of all things living. Alexstrasza mainly finds life as the best gift ever, and that it shouldn't be wasted. " Needs citation from Day of the Dragon or Well of Eternity?
- "Alexstrasza was first captured by the Orcs during the Second War. From capture to escape, an eight year span, she was forced to create more dragons for use in the war. This is the exact opposite of what her Aspect stood for as the guardians of life. Alexstrasza was held captive by the orcs by use of the Demon Soul, an artifact which held power over four of the five dragon aspects. The Orcs had no reason to free Alexstrasza, and this only happened because Nekros, who had control of the Demon Soul, was very paranoid and believed that the Alliance was sending an army at him. Nekros had Alexstrasza (and the eggs) taken out of Grim Batol and moved to the war front. Outside he noticed there was no real threat, but Deathwing wanted Alexstraza in the open. Deathwing then attacked the transport caravan and decimated the Horde guards with some assistance from a small army of Dwarves. Once freed, Alexstraza killed Nekros out of pure hatred and drive for revenge. The Demon Soul was also destroyed which returned the power that was vested in it back to the other four aspects. Alexstrasza, along with Malygos, Nozdormu, and Ysera, proceeded to attack Deathwing finally punishing him for his treachery and driving him away." Needs a couple of citations from Day of the Dragon.
Hope this doesn't scare you :P --16:20, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- ugh. next time i should probably read it. i scanned it over quickly but didn't see anything wrong with it till just now. some of it looks like it was written by someone who read Dotd but was a little confused. other pieces look entirely fabricated or assumptions, as ive read every source printed and i dont remember red dragons being described as "rulers" of dragonkind. closest thing to that is Alexstrasza being Dragonqueen. I'll probably do a rewrite later when i have time and submit it for everyones approval.Warthok 21:05, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- I've editted my comment a bit (was a bitch to read). Anyway, yeah, I would change it myself except that I have exams this week =P 21:44, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- ditto same reason im putting it offWarthok 03:19, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
did some research and added in all the citations i could find. i took out a few spare sentances i could find no source for and that seemed more subjective observations rather than objective details. only thing is i still need to find the page number in dotd where korialstrasz talks about the war between the black flgihts and the other flights where the blacks were hunted to extinction and the other flights suffered massive casulaties as well. also one of the paragraphs i just cited as "dotd" since its basicly a 3 sentance summary of the events that took place in the book. any comments/feedback/complaints? Warthok 10:33, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
also need to find the page number for where its meantion alexstrasza pains for the deaths caused by her flight. "This went against what she, as the Aspect of Life, stood for and she cried for the deaths of her children and the deaths they caused." needs the citation.Warthok 10:38, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
- Nice job adding all the citations! I'd look it up, but my book is still at school. 12:37, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
- redid the article. was too messy so i put culure at the top and combined the 2 "history" sections. also reworded a sentence or two and added the source for everything except "The Ensuing war between dragons decimated the flights, and the reds were no exception."Warthok 21:37, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
- placed last citation. everything in the article has a citation at this point so i've taken down the citation flag. if anyone sees anything wrong or still isnt 100% sure place it back up.Warthok 07:18, 28 May 2007 (UTC)
What languages do dragons speak? (Mr.X8 01:23, 27 May 2007 (UTC))
- draconic is their language. often dragons (especialy adults, those who are hidden among the lesser races, and those who deal with the lesser races) learn common, orcish, darnassian, thallasian, etc....Dragons are often highly intelligent scholars with tremendous magic at their disposal so it isnt uncommon for them to be fluent in many languages.Warthok 21:37, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
Both of you, sign your posts(four ~ tildes after your name, with no spaces).Baggins 21:20, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
Sorry. I have a bad habit of forgetting to sign after i write stuff. Warthok, in what you wrote you said some dragons learned Orcish? Are those the dragon enslaved by the orc dude? Or have some Dragons forgiven the orcs and become a part of the orcs society? (Mr.X8 01:22, 27 May 2007 (UTC))
Not sure about any dragons in particular for orcish, was just an example of a language. i would assume most times a dragon has spoken with an orc or a horde member the conversation would more likely take place in orcish. languages like common many dragons we know of know (alex, korial, deathwing, malygos, ysera, nozdormu, etc...) and its been hinted there was "spy(s)" in the silvermoon council so i assume they would speak thallasian.Warthok 04:16, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
They might also speak Thalassian because The Dragon Queen thanked Alleria for helping and alot of dragons, not just Red ones, shapeshift into High Elves. (Mr.X8 14:56, 27 May 2007 (UTC))
- Red Dragons would likely speak most, if not all, important languages, given their duties. Korialstrasz alone appears to know Draconic, Common, Thalassian, Darnassian, Dwarvish, and Taurahe.-- (talk · contr) 18:09, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
I think theres a mistake
In the main article it says the Red Dragon Queen made a non-aggression oath to 3 of the 4 current races. 1.) There are now 5 playable Alliance races. 2.) I think the person who wrote mixed up of Night Elves with High Elves. 3.)If you include the Broken, High Elves, Wildhammers, and others, theres actually alot of Alliance races. (Mr.X8 01:27, 27 May 2007 (UTC))
- Hasn't been updated in a while. It inaccurate in numbers, and is also technically inaccurate inherently; just because the Gnomes and Draenei weren't present doesn't mean that they're excluded, that goes against everything the Flight stands for. Technically, her nonaggression offer applied to the Humans, High elves, and Dwarves, because those are the three races that took part in her rescue, and had nothing to do with the Alliance. The Flight would have a standing pact with the night elves from the War of the Ancients, and they would still hunt down human or elven warlocks if they threatened the world. -- (talk · contr) 02:32, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- Well according to both Dark Factions and Day of the Dragon the alliance non-agression pact was made only to the "main" alliance members, the "humans, elves, and dwarves". Also note that the Alliance of the second was also known as "The Alliance of the humans, elves and dwarves"? Why? Maybe, because the gnomes were considered a subset of the dwarven faction of the war. That's not saying it won't cover to the whole alliance, but it was only made out of three of the second war Alliance members.Baggins (talk) 07:12, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
I added a section on powers from books like day of the dragon, WOTA, ect. I also sphiponed together some information from the RPG books that came from the red dragon page.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Krasusinwow (talk · contr).
- Sign your posts.
- The same information is already present in the article and cited. 06:52, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
- Made the information a bit more visible and added in breath info. 07:40, 28 May 2008
Added the power of illusions (demonstrated in all WOTA, DOTD, and The Sunwell trilogy) could sumone plz add citation of show me how. I haven't quite gotten the hang of adding citations yet.Krasusinwow (talk) 07:23, 29 May 2008 (UTC)