Error in the subzone box
Clicking on "The Cauldron" link will take you to the "Cauldron" article and not the "The Cauldron" article. How do you fix that? --Austin P 17:54, 28 July 2007 (UTC)
- See the naming policy. Articles are put on pages without the initial 'The' unless otherwise specified. ---- 17:53, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
No, the title wasn't my problem. It's that it took me to the Cauldron page that related to alchemy, not the place named "The Cauldron". --Austin P 17:31, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Sounds like a disambiguation page is needed.--ClemSnide 23:27, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
I don't know what the policy is for the mentioned level range for a zone, so I thought I'd ask first. In my opinion the range mentioned here (48-52) is not very accurate. Blizzard has it as a 43-50 zone and although I don't want to suggest to just copy that, I think the starting level should be lower. There are lvl 44 mobs and as a lvl 43 you can visit it without to much trouble. Don't know about the maximum of the range, so I'd like to suggest 43-52. Can I just edit that? Just want to be sure, because I saw in the history it has been edited before... Joris 16:24, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
Ok, did anyone else beside me notice the MASSIVELY idiotic catch 22 that seems to be here? You enter Searing Gorge through a gate that is locked, and which you get the key for through a quest series that requires you to be WHERE?! Why, in SEARING GORGE! So, so get the key to enter, you need to be inside? Ummm...well, if I'm already inside, why in the blazing blue F**K would I bother with the key!? *sigh* Blizzard are morons. DannyBoy2k 21:05, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- In days past, there was no Thorium Point flightpath. To get into Searing Gorge you either had to go around Blackrock Mountain or through the Kargath entrance. The tunnel from Loch Modan was inconvenient, but slightly easier. In any event you can still do the quest, which has become very easy indeed since the big Kodo got downgraded, or pick the lock if you have a Rogue of appropriate level. And, of course, remember to grab the flightpath while you're there, however you got in, so that you don't have to go through it again.--ClemSnide 23:36, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
Entering via Badlands
I always have the deuce of a time finding the path into Searing Gorge from the Badlands. As it happens, it's in the southwest corner of the map, and there's a "tear" in the "paper" to the south of Kargath that points the way. For the less imaginative, the coordinates are (1, 63). And I freely admit that I posted this so as to remind myself the next time one of my charas gets to the point where s/he should enter Searing Gorge!--ClemSnide 00:25, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
Face in the mountains of Searing Gorge.
I find it a bit strange that nobody has ever mentioned this, I can't possibly be the first one ever to have noticed this.. I saw it first when I had just started playing wow, shortly after it's release.
There is a face in the mountains in the southwestern corner of Searing Gorge, its not a texture it's hidden in the shape of the mountain (its only viewable on the mini-map). The patch of land on which this face is imprinted is not accessible by players. If you were take a look at the world of warcraft from afar you would see that each "zone" is almost like a stamp, with steep ridges separating each zone, this face is on one of those ridges.
- Is that sarcasm? whats with the giant LOL? I've just never seen anyone mention it on wowhead, thott or here..
Kingdom of Ironforge
The article notes the presence of dwarven settlements before the invasion of Dark Irons. Is the Searing Gorge officially (de jure) territory of the Ironforge kingdom? Unireal 17:02, June 23 2009 (CET)
- Yes. Because the Kingdom of Ironforge is an equivalant of Khaz Modan.
- Those articles also states that "The Ironforge military has completely withdrawn their armies from the Searing Gorge."
- See File:KhazModan.JPG for more details.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 15:12, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- The Kingdom of Ironforge article itself mentions that most of Wetlands and Badlands officially isn't part of the kingdom (anymore). That would suggest the kingdom isn't the equivalent of Khaz Modan. Perhaps the same could be the case for Searing Gorge? Unireal 17:57, 23 June 2009 (CET)