- Were the stained glass windows in Ulduar forshadowing of the Sha? They look very similar to the Sha.
- Dave Kosak : I'd like to say we planned that. [Long pause] But I would be lying. I think it's just a happy coincidence that fits wonderfully into our lore.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 05:38, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
Are the references to the sha being a creation of Y'Shaarj actually in-game? I don't remember it being referenced within the game, and it's not in the Bestiary either. I think it was from an earlier iteration of the story before Blizzard came up with the Seven Burdens of Shaohao. - LucidFox (talk) 09:50, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
- , under Klaxxi. 21:45, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
- Still implied is not confirmed... Even trough I think the Sha are that curse, I prefer if there weren't assumptions in the article.--Ashbear160 (talk) 19:48, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
- An I'm going to move it back, because this is from the Best Buy dev chat a few months back that's even sourced in the relevant part of the article (not linked, but easily Googled):
- Guest-883: At the end of the Klaxxi questline, the mantid mentioned that at one point in time, they worshipped Y'shaarj, an old god. However, he was slain by the Titans and was split into "shadows of his former self". Is he, in some way, in relations with the Sha and will we see Y'shaarj in future content patches?
- DaveKosak: To Guest-883 Y'shaarj breathed love and exhaled hate, inhaled peace and breathed violence... Plus, his name was y'SHAarj. It's pretty safe to connect the dots. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 19:53, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
- I still think we should've gone a little safer, as the statement is still implied. But it's your choice so I will not comment further on this.--Ashbear160 (talk) 20:59, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
Could it be that Sha could be connected to the Aberrations family? is a Sha yet considered a Aberration unless its a typo by Blizzard. Surafbrov 00:52, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not sure they know exactly what they want them to be... they started as demons, then went elemental, and now some are aberrations... 03:10, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
Can someone look for the filename of the "Nightmare Sha" and make a page for them? I mention this here because they use the sha models and I put a bit into speculation. Meganerd18 (talk) 23:34, 31 October 2016 (UTC)
- Not everything that has its own model is its own race that needs a separate page, especially if it serves no purpose other than speculation. -- DarkTZeratul (talk) 23:43, 31 October 2016 (UTC)
Old Gods' forces?
It would seem to me that the sha are pretty much just out for themselves, following what comes naturally, thus 'Independent' would be the better category. There's no real plan, no attempt to work with others, particularly how they're from Y'Shaarj, who the mantid worship, and yet by their very nature they're trying to corrupt and destroy the kypari trees and the mantid, who are quite happy to work for the Old Gods otherwise. Plus, the Klaxxi are aware of the sha's origins. Is it more like "we ended up fighting the sha to save ourselves because the Titans killed our god, it's the Titans' fault"?
Basically, it seems counter-intuitive to me that the Klaxxi have to save themselves and their race from something that is "supposed to be" aligned with them.--Mondoblasto (talk) 15:28, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
- The Old Gods' forces page was based around the Twilight's Hammer-led force that was seen in Cataclysm. Infighting was always an Old God thing, but a list like that can not display nuance.-- 18:34, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
- I want to open up this conversation again. We never really got an indication during MoP that they actually did serve the Old Gods, as far as I recall. Don't the Klaxxi even say something along the lines that they don't represent Y'Shaarj's will? Though on that I may be wrong. But here, here Kosak called the sha "aimless". Doesn't sound like they should have that faction tag to me. ReignTG (talk) 20:49, 7 June 2017 (UTC)