Skeleton page mergers
I would suggest that at present the following pages for skeletal creatures should exist:
- Skeleton (Bone golem, Bone wraith, Floating skull, Lich (Troll), Skeletal animal, Skeletal dragon (Frost wyrm))
- My concern with the skeletal warrior, skeletal mage, and skeletal archer pages would be that if they shouldn't be treated as the ogre mages who have a separate page instead of being a part of the ogre page, or would those be different cases? --Mordecay (talk) 15:55, 13 August 2018 (UTC)
- Skeletal warriors and skeletal mages have unique models, RPG entries and were Warcraft 3 units. They totally deserve their own pages.
- Skeletal archers are a creep class in Warcraft III and are a staple of dark fantasy (Diablo, etc). I think they deserve their own page, but I could understand if someone was very strongly into merging it.
- Skeletal orcs are a creep class in warcraft III and have enough representatives to deserve their own page, IMO.
- Skeletal horses, skeletal gryphons and skeletal wind serpents totally deserve their own page.
- The edits you were making before my intervention were akin to merging night elf, blood elf and high elf into the elf page, or merging everything demonic into the demon page. I was not happy when seeing that while in holiday. Xporc (talk) 13:16, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
Moving these texts here
1: Skeletons are mindless automatons of death, magical constructs made from the bones of the dead. Most skeletons are raised from battlefields and thus are often seen still clothed in rotting garments and rusting armor. Some skeletons still fight with the weapons they died clutching. Others, specifically created only by the most advanced necromancers, are able to cast magical spells. Whatever they attack with, skeletons are mindless automatons who are either directly controlled, or made to follow a specific order from their creator. If sufficiently damaged, the magic holding their bones together will dissipate, and they will crumple lifelessly to the ground.
This grimy skeleton clutches a rusty longsword and battered shield. Its bones rattle inside a breastplate much too large for its fleshless frame. Skeletal warriors are the reanimated bones of humanoid warriors. More powerful and experienced warriors become more powerful skeletal warriors. On the battlefields of Azeroth, skeletal warriors are a common sight when necromancers are about. Skeletal warriors are mindless, attacking only as their masters direct them. Most necromancers use skeletal warriors as guardians and front-line troops to damage the enemy before more powerful creatures enter the battle.