Are you sure that "Fiend" is what they are called?--01:13, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- Not exactly sure what they are called exactly, but several enemies in the game that have this model share the term "fiend" in their titles. I wonder what they are called in their file name. There is next to no information that actually refers to this type of demon in-game. Additionally, I'm trying to look into it but there is a character in game called Forgosh <The Duke of Fiends> that can spawn from the etherium prison. Trying to find confirmation if the creature shares the same model.Baggins 01:19, 8 June 2007 (UTC)Baggins 01:17, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- They are first mentioned as Terrorfeinds (which is the literal enemy name) in the pools of Aggonar, but I think they are refered as that again somewhere... Yeah, check the model name.-- 01:21, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- And Fear Fiends elsewhere. To make things even more confusing you got one being called "a doomguard" in another quest.Baggins 01:21, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
To add to the discussion, "fiend" by itself has its roots in mythology and tradition;
- fiend (fēnd)
- An evil spirit; a demon.
- The Devil; Satan.
-Baggins 01:37, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
Their model (in the wow modelviewer) is called Doomgaurdoutland. So it can be assumed they are related to Doomgaurds. Saimdusan 00:20, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
- Um, these are just beefed-up doomguards with a different title, like the felboar (improved boar), Outland chimaera, or Outland ratpors... just improved version of the original. That's why Doom Lord Kazzak uses the new Outland doomguard model. People are reading way too much into the name of the mob. It's like how the Bladespire Ravagers aren't Ravagers, but still have ravager in their title. I see absolutely no reason to have this as a separate article. --Bwmathis 14:57, 20 June 2007 (UTC)
- Doom Lord Kazzak doesn't have the "fiend" doomguard model actually. His model is pretty much the same one he had before. His model was always unique. In anycase, wrathbringers are also "beefed-up" mutated eredan. Yet we also seperate them into another article. In anycase most quest lines are also pretty specific to call these guys fiends, terrorfiends among other things desiginating them as something slightly different the average doomguard, though they are obviously related. In anycase doomguards are now, ered'ruin, doomguard is a "class" not exactly a "race". The ered'ruin article links to both of these articles.Baggins 17:34, 20 June 2007 (UTC)
- Its possible that "Fiends" are a sub-species of the Ered'ruin race...Or perhaps more advanced Doomguards...Shiniki
- Forgosh <The Duke of Fiends> is a fleshbeast.-- 01:07, 1 October 2007 (UTC)
There are some other NPCs and/or articles besides just crypt fiend which may be added on this article on the top. They are, besides crypt fiend, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and . Rolandius (talk - contr) 07:12, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Uh, no. This article is about a specific type of demon called a Fiend, not anything and everything that's ever had the word "Fiend" in its name. That's just ridiculously literal. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 07:55, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Probably had the inline disambig because crypt fiends are literally way more famous as far as warcraft related subjects go. They were a major unit from Warcraft III, so if people are looking for "crypt fiends" by searching for fiend, they would still be able to reach it. Crypt fiend is way more noteable than this creature type. Random mobs on the other hand are not very noteable at all.Baggins (talk)
For some reason it's believed that Terrorfiend is a subspecies of Fiend, but there exists no reason or criteria which makes them different. They all use the same selection of skins and random names. According to WoWhead (by use of the fiend models) you can see the Fiends have a common use of the word Terror in them. Since Fiend is a player-made term we gave them, perhaps a more precise term could be used. Terrorfiend. It would also fit as Bliz tends to name the first creature of its kind that you meet the same. 22:14, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Just stumbled upon this article and I totaly agree with moving it. Their race, wherever you find its members is called Terrorfiend. Fiends are those Fleshbeast like things so I guess this article should be merged with terrorfiends. Encaitar 22:48, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- The new warlock talent Grimoire of Supremacy (see http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/talents_warlock.jpg - level 75) seems to indicate these are called Terrorguards. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 23:14, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Also calls the Floating eyes Beholders.... guess we'll have to move that too, unless they change it during beta. 01:12, 23 October 2011 (UTC)
- Can't complain, that's a long-awaited answer!
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 07:39, 23 October 2011 (UTC)