Talk:The Lurker Below
The picture should be changed to a more appropiate one -- this one shows not The Lurker Below (SC boss) but some generic lurker below, just one of the whole species. --
Technically there has only been one example of this creature officially, anything else would be a 'datamined' image, and against policy...Baggins 11:08, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
Is there any point in stacking up resistances, or absorbtion potions for this guy? User:CrazyJack/Sig 10:35, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
Frost resistance reduces damage but is far less important than anything else you could be using in this fight, aka dps gear and mana/health/dmg potions.
- No, there is not. His raid damage is both easily avoidable and relatively low. You could use Fire Absorb pots for the water, if desired. Stillfresh 21:43, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
Article needs a note as to how long his enrage timer is. Stillfresh 21:44, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
- If he has one, it occurs after 18 minutes. Stillfresh 15:59, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- I've assumed he's not had one. On a progression attempt recently, we lasted over 21 minutes with no berserking. Roncli (talk) 21:56, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
We killed the Trash on all Platforms, as normally.
Then had some trys with the lurker. But during our last try the fish in the water spawnt, leading to a whipe. The lurker was already below 40%.
Is there an easy way to get out of the gorram water? Every time I've gotten to the boss, I can jump in and out easily until the boss fight starts, then I die because I can't get out of the damn water. Once he's dead, I can get in and out easily. --Azaram (talk) 02:17, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
When the first platform trash respawns, so do the fish. Kadaan 04:30, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
Lurker Total Health
There appears to be differing values of health for Lurker. For all of our kills WoW Web Stats reports 3,800,000 for the Lurker himself. For each phase he submerges up to 375,000 additional damage will be done to his adds, depending on whether they are killed or controlled. If a high DPS guild kills him before the third submerge, they'll see about 4,500,000 damage done for the entire fight. If a guild takes 3 submerges to kill him, they'll see about 4,900,000 damage done. More submerges would be even more damage done. I think this is why people are reporting varying values for Lurker. Mutagen 09:41, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
- Agreed. People initially might think it's 4.9M because that's the total damage as reported by WWS, but that does include the adds. If you look at just the damage to Lurker, he actually has 3.8M health. I'll update the article. -- User:Adonran/Sig1 23:45, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
Orientation under water
Just a small tip: My guild uses a strategy where everyone dives under water to avoid the Spout, and as the MT it's quite hard to know just where the hell you are in relation to the boss. All you see is a big rotating mob on your screen, and Whirl knock back and weird underwater camera movement doesn't exactly help here. I even died once because I swam through the boss, and he crushed me in the back twice... Or some melees died because I didn't realize I was not in range. So what I do now is I just swim upwards after the Spout, and look at the minimap for movement (zoom in a little, remember your tanking spot), which helps a lot with accurate positioning and just knowing where you are. I rarely ever use the minimap, so maybe this is something that might help other people as well. Tifi
- I might be confused with what you're saying, but it sounds incredibly awkward. It appears that you guys are swimming around in the water, when all that is necessary is simply getting into the water and then getting back onto the platform. There is no moving around involved, and if you actually did once have your MT become crushed in the back twice after a Spout, the occurence of that is beyond any rational reasoning--you should never move so much as to move THROUGH the boss. Simply move into the water and press X for 0.5 seconds to safely submerge yourself. The MT simply needs to move forward and can judge when he needs to emerge by watching Lurker turn. --Furi, January 21, 2008.
Tonight we killed an add whilst Lurker was Spouting and... he despawned.
Athan 23:13, 13 March 2008 (UTC)