Talk:War between the titans and the Old Gods
Is it just me, or are these citations formatted weirdly?--19:43, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, they're a weird combination of external and internal links. I'll fix it. -- DarkTZeratul (talk) 19:58, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
World of Warcraft: The Magazine Volume II Issue I gives this conflict the name "the Old God war," but that is not a proper noun nor is it phrased as one.--23:36, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
Not all imprisoned.
IDK what the person who wrote "imprisonment of four of the five Old Gods" intended... but there are 3 OGs that might not count as imprisoned.
- Y'Shaarj was killed (remains of corpse was sealed away, doesn't really count as imprisonment).
- N'Zoth was never defeated by the titans: "N'zoth is still lurking. The titans couldn't defeat it..." (source).
- C'Thun feigned death. It wasn't locked up until War of the Shifting Sands.
- Starting from the assumption that there were five (their first mention), with at least three imprisoned (the WotA trilogy), that leaves two unknown. Yogg was definitely imprisoned, C'Thun had a titan base on top of him, and Y'Shaarj was a disembodied heart in a box in a vault. N'Zoth and the fifth one are unknown.-- 04:39, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, it was initially assumed to be a temple dedicated to C'thun and the reveal that the building was titan-made at all came years later (though the unseen "ever-burning fires" hinted at it), but I think it is fine to count the room around C'thun as its "prison" (considering it was assumed to be dead) especially if the core idea is still that they all were.-- 05:24, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
- You changed "presumed" to "assumed," which accomplished nothing. Also, per a few pages I found with a quick Google search, you changed it to a more incorrect word. This is especially true if you are giving your reasoning for the inclusion of the character, which no one is arguing against.-- 01:41, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
- Nah. To me that doesn't sound like it's the actual name of the war. -- DeludedTroll (talk • contribs) 16:14, 17 May 2016 (UTC)
The "War against the Black Empire" sounds much better to me. Anyone else agrees ? Current title's a bit too long, and a bit wrong too since it was really mostly the titan-forged vs the Old Gods. -- MyMindWontQuiet (talk) 22:25, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
- No. It is made up either way and Gabrirt already used up all the chances to pick a placeholder. The existing placeholder name would have to be highly cumbersome to deserve a change.-- 22:35, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
- Nothing inherent. More people will want to arbitrarily change it to something that they think is better. As for preventing a scenario like that with mediation, I already did.-- 19:14, 26 January 2017 (UTC)
"Old Gods" too should be written "old gods". I also still think that the title should be shortened into something like "War on the Black Empire". -- MyMindWontQuiet 13:48, 3 September 2017 (UTC)
- Source on the capitalization? Old Gods seems to be a proper noun based on its capitalization in Old Gods. -- ( • ) 13:53, 3 September 2017 (UTC)
- Hmm I was just basing this on previous decisions regarding similar subjects, I don't have a strong opinion myself, as when I did some research quite a while ago I noticed the spelling could be inconsistent, but right now after a very quick search I can only find this quest so it seems that either they were corrected at some point or I must be misremembering. -- MyMindWontQuiet 01:22, 5 September 2017 (UTC)