|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- For the instanced level 90 version of Tanaan Jungle, see Assault on the Dark Portal.
Battle Pet Level: 25
|Uncorrupted Tanaan Jungle|
Contested territory (PvP realms only)
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor|
- In primordial Tanaan, even the plants have teeth. Darkling fronds stab out at unlucky wanderers, or conceal canyons that plunge miles deep beneath the canopy - and these are far from the jungle’s worst dangers. Each day, warlords fell even wider stretches of Tanaan's wilderness, striving to construct an apocalyptic device that will finally rend the gates of space and time for conquest unending.
- "When in a jungle waging war against an eternal evil, it is good to bring at least one set of waterproof footwear."
- —Archmage Khadgar
Tanaan Jungle (pronounced "TUH-nan") is a zone in eastern Draenor. It is seat of the Iron Horde's dominion over Draenor and home to the Bleeding Hollow clan, as well as the recently constructed Dark Portal that serves as a time-space gateway between Draenor and Azeroth. The Azerothian expedition mounts a counter-offensive against Iron Horde's operations in their homeworld in a desperate bid to shut down the gateway, with heavy losses that force the remnants to escape elsewhere in order to find allies.
The peninsula serves as a primary base of operations for the Iron Horde, now part of the Burning Legion following Gul'dan's usurpation of Grommash Hellscream, whose influence permeates the region. Most of the Iron Horde resources and troops can be found there, supported by demonic forces. Mountains and orcish fortifications make the heart of this land nearly unreachable from the ground level, making it a perfect place for the Iron Horde's seat of power: the stronghold now known as Hellfire Citadel.
The jungle was corrupted when Gul'dan unleashed the Felblight, a river of fel sludge flowing down from the pinnacle of the Throne of Kil'jaeden down to Hellfire Citadel, where it forms a deadly moat around the fortress.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Hellfire Citadel||100+||10-30 player||Unknown|
- Aktar's Post
- The Iron Front (Separate flight masters)
- Malo's Lookout
- Sha'naari Refuge
- Vault of the Earth
- Lion's Watch
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Talador||94 - 96||Southwest||By foot or by flying|
|Gorgrond||92 - 94||Northwest||By foot or by flying|
|Shadowmoon Valley||90 - 92||South||By flying|
- Main article: Tanaan Jungle NPCs
- Main article: Tanaan Jungle storyline
- Apexis golems
- Draenor ancients
- Warp stalkers
- Earlier concept arts indicated that the original gateway to Draenor was supposed to be a "Chronal Spire", which was to be located in this zone. This idea was ultimately replaced by the Iron Horde creating their own Dark Portal and connecting it with Azeroth's one, replacing the link to Draenor-Prime's remnants, Outland. The spire's location was replaced by Zangarra.
- This zone is an alternate version of Hellfire Peninsula, where it never turned into the wasteland it is on Outland. Just like in the main timeline, it serves as a seat of power for the orcs in the alternate one, however the Dark Portal ritual has stained the area around the structure with fel taint. Now that the Iron Horde are serving the Burning Legion, the demonic influence is strengthening.
- While the zone was closed off from release until patch 6.2, players could circumnavigate the zone by sea. The cliffs, however, were insurmountable. The places where a player could walk right into the zone (such as the docks the player embarks from at the end of ) there was an invisible wall preventing access. There were no NPCs except for a large number of level 100 Iron Horde orcs in the northern inlet.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Added.