|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Affiliation(s)||Kul Tiras, Alliance|
Tandred Proudmoore is a captain of the Kul Tiran fleet, and son of Lord Admiral Daelin and Katherine Proudmoore, and the brother of Jaina and Derek. He is described as a fearless explorer and sailor of uncharted waters.
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Tandred was thought to have died at sea in a storm, but the truth was that the Kul Tiran fleet which he commanded had been captured and hidden in a magical storm by the traitorous Tidesages who served Queen Azshara.
Tandred's sister, Jaina, used their father Daelin's pendant to break the storm and free the missing fleet. They surrounded the Irontide Raiders fleet which was en route to assault Boralus, forcing Priscilla Ashvane to surrender. Tandred later attended the ceremony where his mother Katherine named Jaina the new Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras.
Tides of Vengeance
Some time later, Tandred was at Proudmoore Keep with his family near the memorials of Daelin and Derek, as well as his own which he told his mother he appreciated. Upon Jaina's arrival Tandred addressed her as Lord Admiral, which Jaina told him not to do and that she had always assumed Derek would be Lord Admiral. By this time Tandred had also learned that Derek's corpse had been retrieved from the bottom of the ocean by the Horde, and that they were taunting the Proudmoores with it. With Tandred, Jaina, and Katherine together again, Tandred couldn't help but wonder what Daelin and Derek would think of what the Proudmoores and Kul Tiras at large had endured. During the family reunion the Horde attacked Anglepoint Wharf, and Jaina ordered Tandred to flank them with the fleet while she dealt with the Horde personally.
- I will honor my father's legacy.
- We stand strong together.
- What do you ask of House Proudmoore?
- May the seas guide you home.
- Do the seas call to you as they call to me?
- We will set things right.
- That bloke in the red shirt over there told me I "wasn't canon". Well, obviously! I'm a mariner, not a cannon!
In the RPG
Following his father's demise, Tandred took the position of Lord Admiral of the Kul Tiras naval forces. He's a good person, but he doesn't have his father's courage. He is not the man his father was. He gets a lot of help from his lady friend, Captain Mishan Waycrest. Tandred does the best he can with the few men and fewer allies he has left. He is classified as a fighter and aristocrat.
Notes and trivia
- Tandred was first introduced in the 2004 Warcraft RPG sourcebook Lands of Conflict, which was declared non-canonical in 2011. While some characters from the RPG later made the transition into canon lore, Chris Metzen stated in 2013 that Tandred would remain non-canon. However, in Battle for Azeroth, the story team consciously reversed this ruling and canonized Tandred.
- Day of the Dragon said that Derek was Daelin's eldest son, potentially leaving a place for a younger son, which eventually turned out to be Tandred.
- During Battle for Azeroth beta, he briefly went missing from the database but was re-added when the game went live.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- ^ a b Tandred Proudmoore (grave)
- ^ The Calm Before
- ^ Lands of Conflict, pg. 101 - 102
- ^ Loreology on Twitter (2013-07-16): "Tandred will not become canon (per Metzen)."
- ^ Sean Copeland on Twitter (2018-04-17). Retrieved on 2018-07-06. “Thank you for bringing this up, Max! The former lore ruling from Metzen was indeed reversed, and it was done with full knowledge of the information that had been stated before. As for Finnall, I'm still considering her non-canonical in order to adhere to the previous ruling. :)”
- ^ Ian Bates on Twitter (2018-04-13). Retrieved on 2018-07-06. “Tandred Proudmoore saying that I told hime he wasn't canon is even more amazing than just the reference since @ChrisMetzen actually said he wasn't canon at a Blizzcon ages ago. =P”