- Tankatronic Goggles
- Item Level
- Binds when equipped
- 40 Armor
- +11 Strength or Intellect
- +28 Stamina
- +5 Haste
- Meta Socket
- Prismatic Socket
- Socket Bonus: +4 Stamina
- Use: Allows you to look far into the distance. (3 Sec Cooldown)
- Durability 100 / 100
- Requires Level 62
- Requires Outland Engineering (50)
- Sell Price: 19 97 24
The Tankatronic Goggles is a TBC head item crafted by Engineers. It is one of several item-level 127 epic engineering goggles. It can, like the other goggles, be "upgraded" with a recipe dropping in the Sunwell Plateau. The upgrade for the Tankatronic Goggles is the .
This item is crafted with Engineering (350); taught by trainers.
Only Paladins and Warriors with 350 Engineering can train this (likely Death Knights too, although this class did not exist when the goggles were implemented to the game). The same restrictions can be seen in the TCG.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): No longer BoP.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): now has innate tracking for gas clouds while it is in your inventory. Tracking of gas clouds has been removed from goggles.
- Hotfix (2009-05-14): "We recently made some changes to items that grant detection. We felt these items provided a necessary advantage in competitive PVP and forced players to use lower level equipment even when more powerful items were available to them.
This item can no longer be used in the Arena:
We have removed stealth detection from the following items:
- All epic engineering goggles
We have reduced the stealth detection of the following items:"
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Gained 27 Strength, lost 13 defense rating.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): May be upgraded to .
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): A level requirement was added.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.