- Not to be confused with Training Dummy.
- Target Dummy
- Use: Drops a target dummy on the ground that attracts nearby monsters to attack it. Lasts for 15 seconds or until killed.
- Requires Engineering (85)
- 1 Charge
- Sell Price: 75
This item is crafted with Engineering (85); taught by trainers.
In the RPG
During the Third War, the commander of one human outpost ordered fake "defenders" built out of sandbags, with damaged armor and helms placed on them to make them look like targets for enemy archers. After a number of orc arrows hit these dummies, a human tinkerer decided to expand on the idea. The result is the portable target dummy, a crate that, when tossed to the ground, expands into a humanoid-shaped cutout bouncing atop a metal spring. The dummy won't fool experienced opponents, but may draw fire from distant enemies or attract the attention of unintelligent foes.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): removed from game, existing recipes using it have had its reagents adjusted.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Target Dummies now have a much shorter duration, but have significantly more health. They also have a general 3 minute cooldown on their use.