Taria Wrynn (film universe)
- For the character from the main universe, see Taria Wrynn.
Queen of Stormwind,|
Lady, Regent of the future king of Stormwind
|Affiliation(s)||Alliance, Kingdom of Stormwind|
|Occupation||Queen of Stormwind|
|Relative(s)||Llane (husband), Varian (son), Adariall (daughter), Anduin Lothar (brother), Callan Lothar (nephew), Cally Lothar (sister-in-law), Barathen Wrynn (father-in-law)|
After being instrumental in building trust between her people and the feral Garona Halforcen, Taria was crushed by the news of the death of her husband, made even more anguishing by Garona's betrayal, the murder carried out using the very gift Taria had given Garona for her own defense. Even as she struggles with her own grief, Taria knows that she must stand tall to lead her people, her family, and her kingdom in the fight against the Horde.
Bonds of Brotherhood
During the reign of King Wrynn, when Llane was still a prince, they kept their relationship a secret from everyone until the King asked Llane to find a noble woman as a wife. Llane immediately went to Taria to tell her the King's request. He was adamant about wanting her instead of a princess. Taria suggested waiting until the king would owe Llane a favor.
After Lothar's wife Cally died, she and Llane went to see Lothar and his newborn son Callan. He admitted to them that he knew about their relationship months ago. Following this, Llane gathered his father and Taria and announced him that Taria is going to be his wife.
Notes and trivia
- Taria Wrynn is a character created exclusively for Warcraft. At BlizzCon 2013, Chris Metzen and director Duncan Jones explained that they wished to create an increased emphasis upon the female presence in the series' canon. Taria was later canonized for the main universe as well with World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2.
- A tea made from is Taria's favorite hot drink.
- Taria Wrynn is portrayed in Warcraft by Ruth Negga.
- Negga has described her character as "a very dignified lady; loves her land and she's this certain steeliness to her, and she knows what she is doing and she knows they are fighting for right."
Concept art by Jonay Bacallado.
- ^ Warcraft: The Official Movie Novelization, pg. 289
- ^ Bonds of Brotherhood, chapter 2
- ^ Blizzard discusses World of Warcraft movie plot, characters and location. Computer and Video Games (2013-11-09).
- ^ Warcraft: The Official Movie Novelization, pg. 127 - 128
- ^ 2015-07-12, SDCC 2015 – Warcraft Movie Panel. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2015-08-04