Team 5 was formed in 2008 as a mix of company veterans and new employees, with the goal of creating a new type of game the developer hadn't created before. The emergence of new gaming platforms (e.g. the iPad) was another reason for the group's formation, to see if Blizzard could take advantage of the new platforms. Hearthstone was the result. As of November 2018, it consists of between 100–300 individuals. In February 2019, after a round of layoffs at Activision Blizzard, it was announced that the team would be expanded.
- Jason Chayes (production director)
- Ben Brode (Lead Designer until 2016 then Game Director until 2018)
- Eric Dodds (Game Director until 2016)
- ^ Phillip Kolar. The Three Lives of Blizzard Entertainment. Polygon. Retrieved on 2014-10-04.
- ^ 2018-11-08, Our Full BlizzCon Interview With Blizzard Co-Founder Allen Adham. Game Informer, retrieved on 2018-11-19
- ^ Elizabeth Harper 2019-02-12. Activision Blizzard has record profits, so it’s cutting 8% of its staff. Retrieved on 2019-03-13.
- Team 5 on Hearthstone Wiki - Full article about the team