- “Anu Dorah. We remember.”
- — Common epitaph in Tel'anor
Tel'anor is a massive graveyard and ritual site overlooking Suramar City. Sitting atop a plateau in central Suramar, Tel'anor serves as the final resting place for many famous night elves, some having lived over 10,000 years ago. The site is sacred to the elves of Suramar, who often pay tribute to their ancestors buried in the cemetery.
In recent times, Tel'anor has become infested with harpies and withered nightborne, making the area hazardous to visitors. Individuals such as Thaedris Feathersong have made efforts to clean up the area, while others have continued to honor the dead there even during the turbulent Nightfallen rebellion.
Notes and trivia
- The cemetery is haunted by a large number of spirits, indicating that many kaldorei dead are interred here.
- Despite its proximity to the nightborne capital of Suramar, no known nightborne dead are buried at the site, owing to Suramar's magical isolation since the War of the Ancients.
- The presence of memorials to sentinels and hippogryph riders serves as evidence that these groups predated the Great Sundering.