||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
This questing guide for the zone of Teldrassil details the best method to obtain and complete quests in Teldrassil.
For a list of all Teldrassil quests in table format (arranged by level), see Teldrassil quests
Note: This guide is not meant for power-leveling purposes. Rather, it is meant to show a player the most efficient way to complete all quests available for a particular zone. If you know of a better order or method to accomplish this, your input is welcome (in fact, greatly desired). For major changes, feel free to edit, but make a note in the talk page as to your reasoning.
Shadowglen (LVL 1-5)
- See also: Powerlevel Shadowglen
Shadowglen is the starting zone for new night elves, and is located in north eastern part of Teldrassil. Other races may choose to quest here, but not all quests are available to them. If you are new to the game, check out the Newbie Guide to get started, or just dive in - the game has in-game hints and the opening quests are very straight-forward, just relax and have fun!
- Head south of the tree to find the dryad Tarindrella. Turn in  The Woodland Protector to her and get the next quest in that chain.
- Begin killing Grell and Grellkin while moving towards the northwest corner of Shadowglen. Don't stop at the camps since there are plenty to kill along the way to our destination: Iverron, the objective of  A Good Friend.
- Halfway to Iverron, you will start encountering different mobs, Thistle Boars, and Mangy Nightsabers. Kill any you see for the quest  The Balance of Nature.
- When you arrive at Iverron, turn in  A Good Friend and accept  A Friend in Need.
- Run back the way you came. If you haven't, finish collecting Fel Moss from the Grell and Grellkin before you get to Tarindrella. Turn in  The Woodland Protector when you reach the dryad.
- Head to Dirania Silvershine next to the Cauldron to the northeast, turn in  A Friend in Need, and accept  Iverron's Antidote.
- Pick up the quest  Webwood Venom from Gilshalan Windwalker, near the base of the ramp going up to the tree.
- If needed, seek training at a class trainer and sell and items you don't need.
Spiders and Plants
Teldrassil (LVL 5-10)
Teldrassil is the main zone for beginning night elves, once they graduate from Shadowglen. To get here, head through the pass on the south-east corner of Shadowglen.
The Trip to Dolanaar
- Before heading out, priests should pick up the quest  In Favor of Elune from their trainer for a few extra XP.
- In the pass between Shadowglen and the main part of Teldrassil, you will encounter the night elf Porthannius. Get  Dolanaar Delivery from him.
- Continue along the road towards Dolanaar. You will come across the satyr Zenn Foulhoof. Get the quest  Zenn's Bidding from him. For the rest of the trip, kill any Nightsabers, Strigid Owls, or Webwood Lurkers that you come across. Save any [Small Spider Legs] you find, as you can use them for a cooking quest later.
- In Dolanaar, turn in  Crown of the Earth and  Dolanaar Delivery.
- Pick up the following quests:
- Catch up on training and, if desired, train in a profession. The following profession trainers are available here:
- Priests should complete  Garments of the Moon before leaving for Starbreeze Village. The needed NPC is just south of Dolanaar.
- Cooks doing the Recipe of the Kaldorei quest can collect spider legs as they travel for other quests, killing spiders as they go.
- Alchemists doing the Elixirs for the Bladeleafs quest can collect the needed herbs as they travel for other quests.
Trouble at Starbreeze Village
- Go back down the road you came from and take the turn off heading east towards Starbreeze Village. Remember to kill any creatures you see along the way to collect the items for  Zenn's Bidding.
- In Starbreeze Village, head to the top floor of the largest building to find Gaerolas Talvethren and get the quest  Gnarlpine Corruption.
- In the smaller building, check in the dresser to locate the dreamcatcher for  The Emerald Dreamcatcher.
- Fill the vial for  Crown of the Earth at the moonwell in the village.
- On the way back to Dolanaar, be sure to get the rest of the items needed for  Zenn's Bidding.
- Turn in the following quests:
- The following quests should now be available:
The next two quests are not connected or even in the same area, but should be done at this time for leveling purposes. Both  Twisted Hatred and  Ferocitas the Dream Eater can be a pain, so bringing a friend along is helpful.
The Ban'ethil Barrow Den
Map location of the Ban'ethil Barrow Den
The barrow den is a difficult area for new players and is also rather large. It is much more enjoyable to do this quest with one or more other people.
The Pools of Arlithrien
Hunters should do their pet quests around this time, as soon as they hit level 10. See the Taming the Beast quest chain (night elf) for details.
Warriors should head to Darnassus to pick up their level 10 quest at this point as well. If you aren't level 10 yet, grind until you get there.
- Get the following quests from Dolanaar before setting out:
- Head along the road to the west past the hills where the Ban'ethil Barrow Den is. Just before the entrance to Darnassus, turn left (south).
- Just southeast of the big lake is the moonwell you need for  Crown of the Earth. Right click your phial to fill it.
- Go as far to the southwest as you can. Along the way you should see the Strange Fruited Plant, which looks like a giant tree with a pink glow around it. Right click it to receive the quest  The Glowing Fruit.
- You will come upon a furbolg settlement. Search the settlement for Ursal the Mauler and defeat him.
- Warriors on the quest  Vorlus Vilehoof should now head towards the eastern side of the hills where the Ban'ethil Barrow Den is. You will find a path heading up into the hills, which will eventually lead to the moonwell and the satyr, Vorlus Vilehoof, whom you are after. Defeat him to complete your quest.
- Return to Dolanaar and turn in the quests (Warriors head to Darnassus to turn in yours).
The Oracle Glade
There are a lot of quests in the Oracle glade, and it is most efficient to do them all at once. However, make sure you prepare properly, or you may need to make multiple trips back to civilization for supplies.
- In Dolanaar, gather the following quests:
- Head down to Lake Al'Ameth and pick up  Rellian Greenspyre from Denalan.
- Travel west to Darnassus and turn in  Rellian Greenspyre and  The Apple Falls. Pick up:
- Once you have the quests, head out of Darnassus and hang a left (north). Follow the road straight up to the moonwell and fill up your phial for  Crown of the Earth. Now talk to the night elf by the moonwell to get  The Enchanted Glade.
- Find Mist, the nightsaber, in the farthest northwestern point of the island. Talk to her to receive  Mist. You will need to escort her back to the Oracle Tree (where the Sentinel and moonwell are). Kill harpies for the  The Enchanted Glade quest as you go.
- Nearby (slightly to the northeast of where Mist was) you should find the Strange Fronded Plant. Right click it to receive the quest  The Shimmering Frond.
- Head back to the southwest and defeat any more harpies needed for  The Enchanted Glade, then return to Sentinel Arynia Cloudsbreak to turn in the quest. She should now offer the quest  Teldrassil.
- In the river to the east are the timberlings needed for Tumors. Range up and down the river, looking for the rare mob Blackmoss the Fetid. If you find him, he will drop an item which starts the quest  The Moss-twined Heart.
- On either side of the farthest north point of the river roams Lady Sathrah, the objective of  Tears of the Moon. Defeat her and take her spinnerets.
- West of this point (directly north of the Oracle Tree), rogues can find Sethir the Ancient for their quest  Destiny Calls. Don't attack him: though you can get the item in this way, he spawns several minions which make him incredibly difficult to defeat for this level. Instead, pickpocket the journal from him to complete the quest.
- Head back south, picking up any more tumors you need from the timberlings in the river. When you have completed everything, return to Darnassus.
- In Darnassus, turn in the following:
- Make sure to pick up  Return to Denalan before you leave for Dolanaar.
Back to the lake
Where to go from here
The next step for most night elves is to head to Darkshore. See the Darkshore questing guide for details on preparation and questing in that area.
Other zone options for this level include Redridge Mountains, Loch Modan, and Bloodmyst Isle.