List on things to do
Anyway ill just put here a list of things to do here:
- add all missing creatures
- Organized the critter section, using scientific terms :O --Ashbear160 (talk) 14:22, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
I call on a break!
We need to stick to a plan:
- Following the game categorization for in-game creature (wowhead as reference)
- Following the lore categorization for non-in-game creature
We should stop mixing one with another. Revenant is the biggest exemple, elemental in-game but undead elemental in lore.
Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 12:28, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
PS: Give another idea or comment this one.
- MEH okay, can do, i just haven't touched the humanoid section yet
- -and im looking for a official quote that revenants are undead elementals(i asked in scrolls of lore for a official quotation)
- -and i believe obsidian destroyers should stay in the same place as anubisath
- we should deal with these from problems in each appropriate type article discussio, and talk the general problems here
- --Ashbear160 (talk) 12:49, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Since Obsidian Destroyer is categorized as elemental, it should go to that category, considering we follow the plan written earlier.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 12:54, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- actually I checked wowhead and they're classified as uncategorised
- and the general belief in scrolls of lore is that in their warcraft 3 they were undead but in the RPG and WOW they were retconned into elementals also i checked wowhead and they are all elementals(i think wowwiki classifies them as elementals cause "they're made of rock therefore they are elementals")
- --Ashbear160 (talk) 14:26, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Obsidian Destroyer is said as Elemental on wowhead, and the 3 other mobs are Uncategorized.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 14:29, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- but the other 3 are also obsidian destroyers just with different names so i think we should go with the law of the biggest number
also in the elemental area i don't think we need to put every revenant kind and every conglomerate type just put it all in elemental because it's best if they're altogether than separated into little things that are little variants of the elemental type.--Ashbear160 (talk) 14:33, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Ok for the Destroyer.
- For the Elemental, since we make a full list, it's properly sorted that way IMO.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 14:36, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
We have a problem with sprites there are for types of sprite which two of those are grell demon and nature version then there the elemental type which should be properly linked, and then theres the fairie dragon which should be added to dragonkin type but outside dragon sub category —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ashbear160 (talk · contr).
Like Template:Races, icons do not fit well imo.
This is supposed to be a small two/three lines template, that turn to be way too big and overcharged with icons.
Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 12:57, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
- actually i just added all the icons to mechanical template and it didn't go to the line below, so it's not that big--Ashbear160 (talk) 19:12, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I left a message on your talk page. And the work would have been avoided, if you listened to the majority. Someone else can go through your edits, otherwise I'll just do another rollback on them later tonight. 21:25, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
- wasn't the majority specifying that it was the large templates that would look cluttered?well anyway i removed almost everything except for the protodrake and drakonid images because i rather have images than unlinked white words, if you still want to get rid of then do it--Ashbear160 (talk) 21:49, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Since there's no links for certain ones... I don't mind the icons myself. 22:30, April 18, 2010 (UTC)
What do you do when, like the core hound, who is both a beast and an elemental, a species is on two different tabs of this? Which one do you add as navigation to the bottom of the page? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ijffdrie (talk · contr). 02:42, 15 January 201
- Haven't these always been beasts, even before they started changing many creature type to beasts for hunter taming mechanics? Only the RPGs classified them as elemental creatures I believe. 04:46, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Navigation templates are (above all) for navigation, not in-depth analysis. It could be on both.-- 21:55, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
Clean page/New page?
The beast/critter/dragonkin/etc. pages are obviously meant to resemble the world of warcraft in-game mechanisms (which is why critters get their seperate page), however, several non-world of warcraft creatures are listed in the lists (though not all). I propose we clean up all these pages, removing all non-world of warcraft creatures. Then, we make a new page (List of species in the warcraft universe, or something like that), where we list all the canonical creatures. In addition, we still need to clean up a lot of RPG information, probably best to put it in a seperate section (not the main description as it is in many articles) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ijffdrie (talk · contr).