Temple Guardian Anhuur
|Location||Chamber of Prophecy, Halls of Origination|
In the final days of the Halls of Origination's use by titanic forces, Temple Guardian Anhuur was endowed with the willpower needed to wield the Light. Thus empowered, he was charged with judging the purity of those who enter the facility.
- Burning Light — A beam of Holy energy erupts from an ornate decoration on the wall, creating a 4 yard radius area of Burning Light on Anhuur's platform for 10 sec. The Burning Light inflicts 9750 to 10250 Holy damage every second to players standing within the area.
- Divine Reckoning — Temple Guardian Anhuur places a Divine Reckoning on a random player. After 8 seconds, the target and all other players within 7 yards of the target take 14250 to 15750 Holy damage and heal Temple Guardian Anhuur for five times the amount of damage dealt.
- Shield of Light — When Temple Guardian Anhuur reaches 66% and 33% of his remaining health, he channels energy from two nearby beacons and erects a Shield of Light that makes him immune to damage and spell school interrupts. The energy powering the shield can be disrupted by activating the two Beacons of Light in the pit below Anhuur's platform. In Heroic Difficulty, activating a Beacon of Light requires 10 seconds to complete.
- Reverberating Hymn — After Anhuur casts Shield of Light, he then immediately channels a Reverberating Hymn. The song inflicts 300 Holy damage to all players every 4 seconds.This effect stacks every 4 seconds as Anhuur continues to channel the song.
- Pit Viper — These snakes inhabit the pit below Anhuur's platform.
Healer and ranged needs to spread out to avoid Divine Reckoning hitting more than one target.
Everyone must watch for Searing Light and move if it targets you.
About every minute, he gains Shield of Light and begins to channel Reverberating Hymn. Two players must jump down into the pit and hit a switch on the left and right to disable Shield of Light. Then, someone must interrupt Reverberating Hymn. The two player down in the pit will aggro Pit Vipers, and will bring them up to the boss when running back. When the Viper come, everyone should AOE them down. It may help for healer to heal the player down in the pit or the tank to taunt off them to get the Viper to run up without attacking the people in the pit the whole way back up.
Temple Guardian Anhuur is very similar on Heroic when compared to normal difficulty. The channeled Reverberating Hymn will cause much more damage on heroic.
Engage the boss and tank him facing away from the rest of the group so that it is easier for melee to see and then move out of beams(Searing Light). Everyone needs to move out of the beams quickly.
Stay spread out and remove the Divine Reckoning debuff quickly.
When Anhuur gains Shield of Light he will begin to cast Reverberating Hymn. You must jump down into the pit and toggle the two switches one on each side.
On Heroic all but one dps should jump down into the pit on the same side. One dps should remain up top to interrupt Reverberating Hymn immediately. The DPS to remain up-top should be able to heal themselves in some fashion.
In the pit everyone should move together and stay within LOS of your healer. Toggle the switch on the left or right side then move together to toggle the other switch. Kill the snakes as you are moving up top and the tank can be picking them up while flipping the switches. When the shield goes down your DPS up-top will interrupt the Hymn and the boss will move toward the stairs to get to the tank. Tank him where you meet he will port back on the next shield phase.
Rinse and repeat.
|Caster leather boots|
|Agility leather bracers|
|Spirit mail belt|
|DPS caster trinket|
- Turn back, intruders! These halls must not be disturbed!
- Activating Defense Beacons
- Beacons of light, bestow upon me your aegis!
- Killing a player
- I regret nothing!
- A product of your own insolence!
- What... have you... done?
Notes and trivia
- It would appear that Anhuur never succumbed to the Curse of Flesh and has been guarding the entrance to the temple since it's creation. This would also make him the oldest living tol'vir, until killed by the adventurers of course.
- Anhuur is voiced by Marc Graue.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2010-12-07): "Temple Guardian Anhuur in Halls of Origination will now lose Shield of Light at the appropriate times. He was cheating."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.